Hacking AceKard and GBA

Amything

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really new to this scene and trying to figure out which flash card to buy. I would like to play DS and GBA backups. Does AceKard support GBA? Something else you recomend?

Thanks!

Amything

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks that helped!

After more research I'm now thinking R4 + EZ-Flash 4 LITE.

Could I have the R4 in slot 1 and EZ4 in slot 2 at the same time? Or do you think buying a slot 1 solution as well is an overkill?

mcbey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depends. If you want both of them then alls you really need is a slot-2 and a passme, but if you have money to spare, then do what you please.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks that helped!

After more research I'm now thinking R4 + EZ-Flash 4 LITE.

Could I have the R4 in slot 1 and EZ4 in slot 2 at the same time? Or do you think buying a slot 1 solution as well is an overkill?
I think that's quite a good decission, make sure with the EZ4-Lite that you don't pick the compact though, as that one won't play GBA games. Pick the deluxe one...

Amything

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The more I read the more confused, specially now in regards to save games. Like this page says "This Bundle means you can Extend the memory card to Save games." Not sure what this means.

What in every bodies opinion would be the ultimate solution? For accessibility for both GBA and DS backups?
wink.gif
Both flash kits and memory and whatnot.

Thanks!

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The more I read the more confused, specially now in regards to save games. Like this page says "This Bundle means you can Extend the memory card to Save games." Not sure what this means.

What in every bodies opinion would be the ultimate solution? For accessibility for both GBA and DS backups?Â
wink.gif
 Both flash kits and memory and whatnot.

Thanks!
It's quite a weird statement yes, I think they mean that having R4DS in the combo allows you to extent the memory to store games on by buying MicroSD's, but just a R4 can do that also.

For the best NDS experience, I think the new EZ-V combo coming is pretty good, that's if they have solved their savegames bugs already. The advantage of the ezv triple pack over r4 is that it allows you to use the webbrowser and rumble in games and you can also put a gba rom on it for ds-gba linkage functions. The amount of space is however not enough to store many GBA games on it, so you probably need to buy an EZ-IV for GBA Roms also...

For the MicroSD storage cards, this will make you confuse even more.
tongue.gif

The best MicroSD storage card is Kingston MicroSD Japan. One of the worst MicroSD cards is Kingston MicroSD Taiwan... Even more annoyingly: You don't know which one you get when you buy one, they're send randomly, so when you buy a Kingston MicroSD you either get a very good one or a very shitty one.
With R4 this means that Castlevania PoR will keep freezing, with EZV I believe it's solvable with their patcher, with AceKard any game will freeze.
Luckily there's also a Japanese Toshiba MicroSD cart which I think doesn't have a shitty namemate, so if you can find one it's better to get that one...

So for NDS: EZ5-Triple Combo or R4
for GBA: EZ-IV (not compact) or M3 (not professional)
for Storage: Toshiba or Japanese Kingston

Amything

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that! Very helpful!

R4 + EZ-IV sounds good again lol
smile.gif

My other half is worried about the cost now and doesn't understand why we need to buy R4 in addition to EZ-IV since EZ-IV can play DS. Do be honest I'm not 100% what the benefits are either. My thinking was its handy so that you could have 1 memory card in each one for the different systems. But what else are we gaining?

Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.livescience.com/59831-cotton-candy-grapes.html#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20Cotton%20Can...