Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

EZ-Flash V Triple Pack Announced

GBA, RAM, Rumble support for EZ-V

Update: The EZ-V Triple Pack will not be available for purchase separately. It will be available in a special bundle pack with the EZ-V. Existing EZ-V owners only will be able to contact their dealer to order one seperately. The EZ-V Triple Pack goes on sale next week!

The EZ-V is set to broaden it's horizons with the announcement of the EZ-V Triple Pack. This 3-in-1 pack grants EZ-V users GBA, Rumble and RAM support.

You will be able to play GBA games from it as it is equipped with 256Mbit NorFlash, 2Mbit SRAM and a battery to retain all data. It can be used as a standalone GBA Flashcart.

The pack can also be used as a rumble cart which is compatible with all official rumble supported games. The strength of the rumble can also be adjusted and it can be used in homebrew development as an SDK will be released.

Last but not least the Triple Pack will work like the official RAM cart, allowing the Opera browser to function correctly on the EZ-V.

Thanks to supermecleboss and scrawl for the news tip!

icon11.gif
EZ-Flash Website

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Looks great and the potential for homebrew support is certainly there
smile.gif
The new PicoDrive Genesis emulator uses the RAM pack to boost performance supposedly.

Also Rumble will be able to be coded into homebrew DS games.

what2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
damn, they'd better get the r4 working with this. I'm not liking my DS browser or gba games on my sc lite.

peter_porker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
whats the price on this? Is it cheaper than m3dss/r4+m3lite? I already have a m3dss+m3lite, so im just missing the rumble (but i got the rumble pak with metroid pinball
smile.gif

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
256mbit because from the feature list ("perfect GBA/NDS linker") it looks like it doesnt have a loader.

i'm guessing an update to the OS will support this, and you press A on a gba rom and it writes the rom (and save) to the slot-2 expansion and then boots it

and then on reboot, it reads the save back

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jeeze ez team releases something i want after i gave up on their product for junk support... nice deal if you have ez5, i'll just stick with M3 lite and m3 simply seeing how its gba/somewhat a ram pack, not to mention extra space for ds games... i envy the rumble pack, but i guess i'll goto walmart and buy one for $10
cry.gif
i still want one of the tripple pack...

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You mean you made the "wrong" choice at some point in time and now you need to wait for a solution from another company ?

If you sell what you are using now you can buy the EZ-V triple pack ....

Danieluz

Trophies
XP
Country
You mean you made the "wrong" choice at some point in time and now you need to wait for a solution from another company ?

If you sell what you are using now you can buy the EZ-V triple pack ....

No lol I would never buy a Ez 5 being able to buy a r4 instead, r4ds all the way! I just need to wait for a solution from another company because EZ is only selling the memory pack with their product, like other companys couldn't make their own product too.
Bad move in my opinion
wacko.gif
They could sell their product now to anyone and take advantage of the market as it is, as there is no competition on this particular product... But I guess it's only a matter of time really... They wont get as much sales with this move as they expect... I think...
unsure.gif

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awesome so this is kinda like the eziv deluxe with rumble.

Edit: after looking at the material it looks like its a flat type of coating that they used, it appears as the inside flat coating of the DS, which I would think is nicer, it also looks like it fits flusher. They may have figured out how to better, get it to fit from learning about the mistakes of the eziv.

Also I wonder if this will work with just a plain ez pass.

3in1-3.jpg

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
awesome so this is kinda like the eziv deluxe with rumble.

Edit: after looking at the material it looks like its a flat type of coating that they used, it appears as the inside flat coating of the DS, which I would think is nicer, it also looks like it fits flusher. They may have figured out how to better, get it to fit from learning about the mistakes of the eziv.

Also I wonder if this will work with just a plain ez pass.

3in1-3.jpg

And what exactly are you planning to boot with the EZ-Pass? The rumble pack, the ram memory or the gba compatibility?
As I understand it, you still store the gba games on your EZV so ezpass will not do much I guess.

I think it's a nice solution for the people who want it, but I still prefer just EZ4 anyway, to have the ability to use it in my micro too, don't care much about rumbling and I have the browser myself already... would have been interested if it supported motion sensing too though...
Also I hope they make one for DS-phats too yeah...

That's the spirit!Â
laugh.gif
They could simply include a "phat" case shell for it which would be the best solution.

This thing sounds awesome though. The perfect slot 2 filler.
smile.gif
If only it was 512mbit though...
What would be the advantage of that? Is it now limited in GBA rom sizes or something?
unsure.gif

Oww it's a stand alone in the GBA Stuff... is it not possible to write the GBA thing to the slot2 thing from EZ5's microsd?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +2