Hacking Acekard 2i update for DSi firmware 1.4.1 not working?

TerraAquaVen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
couple days ago i was being retarded and system updated my dsi for reasons i cant seem to remember. anyways i looked up and found that you can patch your flashcart through a lower version dsi or a dsl. i found the files for updating it and borrowed a friend's dsl to update it. i made sure i used the dsl version of the patch and updated my flashcard. i followed the onscreen instructions with the ejecting and pushing card back in and everything. the program even said update complete and everything. i tried to use my "updated" acekard on my dsi but it displayed the same error message. so i redid the update 3 times and they all said update successful but in the end it still wont work. please help me fix this problem.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Danny Phantom is for 1.4, not 1.4.1 which is "Alex Rider Stormbreaker".

Borrow your friends DS again and run the 1.4.1 DSi update from the link I gave you and you should be all set.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Before anyone says it, the DSi and the DSL updates function exactly the same. The DSi one will work on a DSL but the DSL one won't work on the DSi because it doesn't cart-swap properly or sumthin.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
Before anyone says it, the DSi and the DSL updates function exactly the same. The DSi one will work on a DSL but the DSL one won't work on the DSi because it doesn't cart-swap properly or sumthin.I already said that...
QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Mar 2 2011, 11:38 PM) Also, you can use the DSi version to update a single card, the only difference between the DSi and DSl version is the DSL makes you swap cards before the update starts.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TerraAquaVen said:
update worked perfectly fine, thank you for all your help ^____^
Glad you got it working
smile.gif

MrGizMo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
twiztidsinz said:

Borrow your friends DS again and run the 1.4.1 DSi update from the link I gave you and you should be all set.

Hmm i guess my DSi is on 1.4 then, because i got the Danny Phantom logo. Do i need to update the DSi to 1.4.1? And if i am going to do, do i need to update the Acekard2i first and then the DSi?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrGizMo said:
twiztidsinz said:

Hmm i guess my DSi is on 1.4 then, because i got the Danny Phantom logo. Do i need to update the DSi to 1.4.1? And if i am going to do, do i need to update the Acekard2i first and then the DSi?

You don't really 'need' to update to 1.4.1. I 'think' the only thing you might not be able to access is the online store? There aren't any new features in 1.4.1 other than flashcart blocking.

It might be worth upgrading your Acekard2i to the 1.4.1 bootloader just in case someone accidentally upgrades your DSi to 1.4.1. Perhaps someone can confirm that using the updated bootloader works on older firmwares. I don't think there's any technical issue with that.

MrGizMo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
doyama said:
MrGizMo said:
twiztidsinz said:

You don't really 'need' to update to 1.4.1. I 'think' the only thing you might not be able to access is the online store? There aren't any new features in 1.4.1 other than flashcart blocking.

It might be worth upgrading your Acekard2i to the 1.4.1 bootloader just in case someone accidentally upgrades your DSi to 1.4.1. Perhaps someone can confirm that using the updated bootloader works on older firmwares. I don't think there's any technical issue with that.

Hmm only problem is that i dont know anyone close that has a DSi with 1.3 installed to update the Acekard. But maybe it works if my acekard is 1.4 patched so that i can use the 1.4.1 patch also. Maybe someone else knows
tongue.gif

Hmm maybe it will work :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6RAf-hY1u4

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrGizMo said:
doyama said:
MrGizMo said:
twiztidsinz said:

Hmm only problem is that i dont know anyone close that has a DSi with 1.3 installed to update the Acekard. But maybe it works if my acekard is 1.4 patched so that i can use the 1.4.1 patch also. Maybe someone else knows
tongue.gif

Hmm maybe it will work :

Don't you know anyone with a DS Phat, or DS Lite? The update works on those too.

MrGizMo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
doyama said:
MrGizMo said:
doyama said:
MrGizMo said:
twiztidsinz said:

tongue.gif

Hmm maybe it will work :

Don't you know anyone with a DS Phat, or DS Lite? The update works on those too.

Hmm not really. But you think that it wont work if i already have the dany phantom fix? maybe i can go from 1.4 fix to the 1.4.1 fix
smile.gif

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Danny Phantom = 1.4
Alex Rider Stormbreaker = 1.4.1

DSi 1.4.1 + AK 1.4 won't work
DSi 1.4 (1.3 etc) + AK 1.4.1 works

If U've got DSi 1.4.1 and AK 1.4 U dan not update on your system, U should use DSL or DSi with 1.4

Magician16

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If i update to the FirmWare 1.4.1 it still says: FirmWare 1.3E, why? And i can't play Pokemon Black & White
frown.gif
. Could anyone help me?

Retentive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey i acidentally update my dsi to 1.4.1u and everytime i try to go on my acekard 2i it keeps showiing error occured ( my acekard2i shows up us danny phantom)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1