AceKard 2i Question!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Undiscovered.Lin, Aug 13, 2011.

Aug 13, 2011
  1. Undiscovered.Lin
    OP

Newcomer Undiscovered.Lin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
  2. tiggerlator

Member tiggerlator GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Well the newest is 1.8.7, also why not a acekard 2i?

3. Undiscovered.Lin
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hmm I didn't see any of them on the site... I will recheck and the Firmware I noted is the first and the both do the same thing don't they? [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Undiscovered.Lin
    OP

United Kingdom
    Here is the new card I want sorry I went offline after I asked this topic... and forgot to repost so here it is http://www.nds-gear.com/dsi-3ds-cards/acekard-2i but which firmware should I use? [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. tiggerlator

Member tiggerlator GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    1.8.7 should be fine. If you are using it on a dsi make sure you update the kernel to support dsi 1.4.3E before you update your dsi, it doe's not come with the newer kernel on it.

6. steve007

Member steve007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I got one does the Lameboy DS 0.12 work on this flash card as well so i can play gba and gb games ? I own A 3ds

7. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    when a flash kit can only run on a ds lite then it doesn't have a bootloader. when this happens the firmware usually refers to the "operating system" which, in this case, would be akaio. however, calling it a kernel would also be correct.

when a flash kit can run on the dsi then it requires a bootloader to fake the dsi security checks. the bootloader would be the firmware for the flash kit in this example, which makes the "operating system" (ie: akaio) the kernel.

when you start to call the "operating system" a firmware many users of dsi flash kits get confused and think you are talking about the part they can flash to make the card dsi compatible. i've actually been asked if how to flash akaio to make the flash kit dsi compatible. i can tell that you understand what you were saying but others will read it differently. it will save you time in the fiture if you refer to each thing in the correct way.

cheers,
    -another world