Acekard 2i Purchase

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by FabledGumbo, Sep 17, 2009.

Sep 17, 2009

Acekard 2i Purchase by FabledGumbo at 6:41 AM (818 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. FabledGumbo
    OP

Newcomer FabledGumbo Member

United States
    A little over a week ago, I ordered an AceKard 2i from dealextreme.com and after reading some posts on this forum I've become a little paranoid. Can anyone either confirm or deny that dealextreme has been selling authentic cards as of late? Also, assuming I get shipped a fake card or something goes wrong with mine, what's a more reliable retailer that I won't have to wait years on for shipping or pay through the nose for? (I live in Washington state)

On a totally unrelated note, I decided to grab the AKAIO 1.4.1 repack for when my flash card gets here. Can I use the latest .nds file from the AceKard website with the AKAIO firmware or do I have to use the .nds file zipped in with that version of AKAIO?

Thanks for the help [​IMG]

2. TheNeck

Member TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have never ordered from DX so i can't say anything about getting fake card from them. But if you have any problems, i recommend ordering your flashcart from RHS, they are located in New Jersey. I have order about a dozen carts from them over the past couple years and have never had a problem.

3. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    authentic, no worries, I grab one almost once a week.

a good US retailer is gamebygame.com

using the AKAIO firmware (all of it) is best. You shouldnt actually need anything from the acekard firmware.

4. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    I'd suggest you go with 4coolday, realhotstuff, or gamebygame. RHS and GBG are in the US and costs $24 with free shipping. 4coolday is in china costs $17.50 and has around 1 week shipping to you or so others have said.
    Nope just put everything from the 1.4.1 repack. You can use the .nds file in the official as a loader for games but I won't get into that until you ask.

5. FabledGumbo
    OP

Newcomer FabledGumbo Member

United States
    Cool guys, thanks for the help.

I put the AKAIO firmware on there with the bootloader it came with and I'll be sure to try realhotstuff or gamebygame if something goes wrong with my order.

Also, I'll edit my original post when the card gets here.

6. Starzboy77

Member Starzboy77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just ordered from Gamekool. Heard good things and very fast shipping. Mine card was $15 plus shipping