Acekard 2i Problem :(

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Joaakin, Dec 17, 2010.

Dec 17, 2010

Acekard 2i Problem :( by Joaakin at 12:56 PM (1,056 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Joaakin
    OP

Newcomer Joaakin Newbie

Uruguay
    Hi.. I had some problems with my new acekard 2i... I just solved the issue about the firmware 1.4.1
    I can play my old games with my old saves, but I CAN'T create new ones or save my progress... Ah, neither can I change the system options :S

I just bought it so I think it can't be broken... Please help me!...
    I had already format my sd card with Panasonic SD Formatter and put AKAIO's new version but it still doesn't work..

2. haddad

Member haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Hmm.... Seems like you may be missing some of the firmware files for AKAIO that saves data. make sure you download AKAIO 1.8.1 and re-install a fresh copy on a black formatted micro sd card. Then try making saves etc....

3. Joaakin
    OP

Newcomer Joaakin Newbie

Uruguay
    The same as before... At least I want to know what's wrong... and I can buy it again.
    I looked for firmware files that save data and I found lastsave.ini and savelist.bin but I downloaded AKAIO from acekard official site so they can't be the problem.. anyways i upload an image of my SD Card files so you can tell me if they are in the right folder..

http://img98.imageshack.us/f/microsdfolder.png/

4. haddad

Member haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    yes it looks correct in that image

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    your problems are probably firmware based. the only other reason that the save would not be written would be a contact issue, but if you had that hardware problem you would have described some other problems.

reformat your msd card with the panasonic formatter. then grab a download from akaio.net. throw on the firmware with all default files (don't add custom themes, updated loaders, usercheat files, etc). put on 1 rom you are having issues with and run some tests.

-another world

6. Joaakin
    OP

Newcomer Joaakin Newbie

Uruguay
    Same as before: The save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power OFF and reinsert the DS Card.
    This message is freaking me out! [​IMG]

7. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    If you used to use the official firmware, then prior to v4.14-ish the official firmware created saves with the extension .nds.sav, whereas AKAIO uses the extension .sav, this could be your problem...

8. Joaakin
    OP

Newcomer Joaakin Newbie

Uruguay
    When I started using acekard 2i, AKAIO was already released.
    Anyway, saves extension is not the problem because I can load my saves. What I can't do is save..
    Thanks everybody...