Hacking Acekard 2i OS... confusing me, please help if you can.

camo12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, this is my first post, so first of all, I'm sorry for the fact that I'm about to sound like a Noob.

I have an AceKard 2i and I installed the latest Akaio software successfully on my DS Lite. All games work, even the SNES/NES emulators work. But I found out that you can play videos on the DS and this is where I got confused.

To the best of my knowledge Akaio can't play video files (.dpg files). I read multiple time that Moonshell 2 OS can do it though.

So I was just wondering, can you put Moonshell in the Root along with Akaio so that I can watch videos, play music etc.

Or would I need to remove Akaio and just use Moonshell?

Could anyone go through what I'd need to do step by step to install Moonshell and where I'd need to put .dpg files in order to watch them on my DS?

Cheers,

Joe.

Rrego

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moonshell is not as os. it is an application. Just put the rom in the folder you store homebrew or anywhere for that mater and you can run it. Put the movies wherever you like as well. I suggest the same folder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoonShell
http://www.ds-xtra.com/MoonShell

these sources may help but i haven't read them so...

I would set my acekard folders up like this
+Acekard(folder already make)
+Games(commercial roms)
+Homebrew
moonshell rom
+movies

+ indicates folder

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell is a homebrew application for ds flashcarts that allows users to play music such as mp3s and dpg movies. So you would not need to worry about Akaio and moonshell conflicting with each other, unless you decide you want moonshell to be your main os to load games with as well, but I believe that it will not play newer games if you do it that way.

camo12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys. I didn't know Moonshell was just an application.

So, I download Moonshell and then just drag and drop into the Root?

My root looks like this:

+ __aio
+ Games
+ SNES
+ NES
000SNEmulDS.nds
akmenu4.nds
LoaderChangelog
nesDS.nds
readme
readme_AKAIO
snemul.cfg

(+ being folders)

Do I just put the Moonshell folder in there too? And then where would my Videos go? In the root or in the Moonshell folder somewhere?
Same question for Music, would I need to create "Music" and Video" folders and put them in there? (Or is that for organisations sake?)

Sorry for the hundred question bombardment, just wanna be absolutely sure before I go and do something stupid and mess the whole card up

camo12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to let you know, I have it all done and it's working a charm.

But it did take a lot of searching for a good DPG converter, and I also downloaded a Youtube Video Downloader because I have no videos on my laptop lol (so that's a little bonus).

For anyone else having a similar problem viewing videos on their DS, here's exactly what I done:

1. Came here
2. Downloaded Moonshell 2.10 (Stable) from the following link http://home.att.ne.jp/blue/moonlight/
it has some Japanese writing, but at the very top there are two links... download the 38.4MB version.
3. Use Winrar (or another extracting program) to extract the files... extract them to the Desktop for ease of access.
4. Plug in your Micro SD card (the one you use for your DS).
5. Once the Moonshell has been extracted to your Desktop, open the folder (it should be called "201002161705_moonshell210stable")
6. Double click "Set Up" Select English. Then Select to install to your Micro SD Drive. Then click "Newly Installed to drive whatever"
7. Once it has installed remove the Micro SD and put it into your card and the card into the DS.
8. Switch on your DS, select your card, then scroll down until you see the file "moonshl2.nds"
9. Press A on it, and follow the instructions until you get to the Moonshell screen.

That's Moonshell installed and you know how to get there.

Here is how to get videos and convert them:

1. Firstly, download uTorrent and install it (or another Torrent program)
2. Follow this link and download it using uTorrent http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4957636/Xi...__Keys_%5BRH%5D
3. Once downloaded open it up. Open the "ReadMe" txt file, and follow the instructions (the product Key is in there too, I used the 3rd one to register). IMPORTANT: Disconnect from the Internet before installing this program or it wont work.
4. The 'readme' file tells you how to do everything to get it up and running. Once it is up and running, go to Tools > Preferences... at the bottom it should say "Check for auto updates : Daily" Uncheck that box so that the software never connects to the internet... if it does, they will terminate it and render it useless.
5. Select a video you want, convert it to DPG.
6. Make a Folder called "Video" on your Micro SD card... put all of your DPG videos in there.
7. Once you have a DPG video, go back onto your DS, select moonshl2.nds to open the Moonshell, go down to the Video folder, open it, select the video you put in there and press A.
Your video should start playing.

For music, make a Music file, put your Music in there and play with Moonshell... the format of music should be mp3.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
camo12345 said:
*snip
*snip
*snip

Don't link, you'll get banned, need I say more?

DPGenc is included with moonshell. Or something like that.

EDIT: ninja'd
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__