Hacking acekard 2i or supercard DS 2

super roxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
since i lost my clone r4 i need a new flash card but i heard that acekard 2i has great loaders and super card DS 2 is newer and has GBA compatibility so which one should i buy?

zero80472

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.scotscraftmc.com
XP
Country
if you want GBA compatablty Go for the supercard but my thoight is go for a acekard2i and get a ds iplayer (as it has a very good GBA emulator that can be used without the Slot2 stuff

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
zero80472 said:
if you want GBA compatablty Go for the supercard but my thoight is go for a acekard2i and get a ds iplayer (as it has a very good GBA emulator that can be used without the Slot2 stuff
huh.gif

That guy doesn't know what he's talking about (no offense)

Acekard 2i is a very good card cheap and high compatibility
dstwo is more or less the same but it costs more for the extra features (real time save, real time guide, gba on dsi/slot 1 and soon video player and snes emu)
The guy above mentioned the iplayer it can't play ds roms but has a gba emu and video player

I have both

but get a dstwo it is a bit more expensive but it's worth it.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Both are good carts.

The DSTWO has GBA emulation (being emulation, it's not perfect) and has a SNES emulator/ Divx player in the works. The SDK is also going to be released which should results in some better hombrew/ emulators. It's worth remembering when the DSTWO is using it's additional processor for emulation, it will increase the amount of power it draws from the battery = shortwe battery time. It also has Real Time Save, Reat Time Cheats, Real Time Guide; all of which the Acekard lacks.

The Acekard 2i is a basic no cart frills cart, but it does what it does very well. It has a great interface and thanks to AKAIO. It's also $20 cheaper than the DSTWO, but if you don't have access to a DS Lite or DS Phat you will have to buy one which has been preupdated for DSi FW 1.4 from somewhere such as ShopTemp. The DSTWO doesn't have that issue.

super roxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
ok so u all mean to say that super card DS 2 is better? and is zero shipping zone trusted for buying super card DS 2 and ackard 2i?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
super roxas said:
ok so u all mean to say that super card DS 2 is better? and is zero shipping zone trusted for buying super card DS 2 and ackard 2i?
Yeah, the Supercard DStwo is absolutely better. It's $20 better after all.

If GBA compatibility is what you want though, I suggest you get an acekard 2i and an EZ Flash 3in1, instead of a Supercard DStwo.

The DStwo emulates GBA games, whilst the EZ Flash 3in1 can load a GBA rom from the acekard 2i, and then play it perfectly, as though it were a real GBA game.
The AK2i+3in1 is the about the same price as a DStwo.

super roxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
so u mean that loading GBA roms is better than emulating them? and how do we use EZ flash 3in1? and can the EZ flash load on DSi

sorry for all the questions and thanks
grog.gif
(btw i have no idea why i used that emotion)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
super roxas said:
so u mean that loading GBA roms is better than emulating them? and how do we use EZ flash 3in1? and can the EZ flash load on DSi

sorry for all the questions and thanks
grog.gif
(btw i have no idea why i used that emotion)
Ah, you should've mentioned you had a DSi before.
Then yeah, EZ flash 3in1 is a Slot-2 (gba) device, won't work on a DSi.
Supercard DStwo is your best bet.
smile.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
super roxas said:
@zero80472 made me curious about iplayer so what does it do?

iPlayer is like a Supercard DStwo that can only do homebrew, video decoding and GBA emulation.
It can't load retail games, so there's pretty much no reason to get one these days with the DStwo available.

super roxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
ok i want someone to tell me which one is better and and just which one is better cuz if i'm gonna buy one of them i'm gonna have to buy it now and can any of them connect to wii thanks

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
super roxas said:
ok i want someone to tell me which one is better and and just which one is better cuz if i'm gonna buy one of them i'm gonna have to buy it now and can any of them connect to wii thanks

Acekard 2i is best if you don't need fancy features.
Supercard DStwo is best if you need lots of fancy features like GBA emulation, an integrated processor, real-time saves, guides and cheat finding, and in the future, e-books, video decoding and SNES emulation.

The Acekard with AKAIO does support Wii connectivity. I don't know about the DStwo though, but I imagine it does?

Best place to buy either right now would be Shoptemp, very affordable and competitive prices, and surprisingly good free worldwide shipping. (Many people say it only takes a week, despite Shoptemp's claims of 2-5 weeks)

super roxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
ok since we've gone over which one is better sooooooo...................which one do U recommend?

and whats real-time save and real-time guide?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
super roxas said:
ok since we've gone over which one is better sooooooo...................which one do U recommend?

and whats real-time save and real-time guide?
It sounds like you probably want the Supercard DStwo, just because it can do GBA games on the DSi.
smile.gif

Okay, well here's how the real-time functions of the DStwo work.
When you're playing a DS games, you can press a button-combination to load the Real-time menu.
From there you can do a whole bunch of stuff you couldn't normally do on a game.
Real-time saves let you save (or then load) a game anywhere, have you ever used save-states on an emulator? Because it's exactly like that.
Real-time guides let you check a text guide or a bitmap image, then resume gameplay, this is very useful for games like RPGs.

super roxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
QUOTE said:
It sounds like you probably want the Supercard DStwo, just because it can do GBA games on the DSi. smile.gif

Okay, well here's how the real-time functions of the DStwo work.
When you're playing a DS games, you can press a button-combination to load the Real-time menu.
From there you can do a whole bunch of stuff you couldn't normally do on a game.
Real-time saves let you save (or then load) a game anywhere, have you ever used save-states on an emulator? Because it's exactly like that.
Real-time guides let you check a text guide or a bitmap image, then resume gameplay, this is very useful for games like RPGs.

thanks a lot rupeeclock BTW what flash card do u have?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
super roxas said:
thanks a lot rupeeclock BTW what flash card do u have?
Right now, I have an Acekard 2i, it works great.
I don't really need those real-time functions, so the Acekard works great for me.
Although very soon, the DStwo is supposed to have a dedicated SNES emulator coming out, so I'm looking into buying one of those, depending on how good it is.
smile.gif

super roxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
ok then i just know what to do:buy both of them and try them out then i pick one and the other one i can just sell it to my friend for a higher price
yay.gif

BTW rupeeclock it seems that u like pokemon how about a battle?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-