RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
super roxas said:
ok then i just know what to do:buy both of them and try them out then i pick one and the other one i can just sell it to my friend for a higher price
yay.gif

BTW rupeeclock it seems that u like pokemon how about a battle?
Buy them both? Seems like a sound plan. Whatever one your friend ends up with, he should be happy with it.
smile.gif

Pokémon battle? Sure but not today, PM me another time and I'll arrange a battle. I got a sandstorm team I've been itching to try out but just haven't.

Raynar

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Supercard DSTWO has another advantage it by pass Anti-piracy protection, so don't need patch roms. AK2i on the another hand we have to wait for AKAIO update or have Patched intro roms. Megaman Zero collection and Dragon Quest IX work well on DSTWO since does bypass the AP protection.

Currently DSTWO is most advance Flashcart on the market that I heard. So far it is from the looks of it.

You want GBA roms and you got a NDS Lite then EZ3 in 1 with an ak2i is good choice in that case.
If you have DSi then DSTWO is prefer. I have AK2i with AKAIO 1.7 and going to buy DSTWO soon.

babylily

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You can compare their feature and function.And what you need more.
There are many detail sorts about both.
Acecard 2i:http://www.gamekools.com/-acekard2i_c807
Supercard DStwo:http://www.gamekools.com/supercard-ds-two-ds2-scds2-for-nintendo-ds-ds-lite-dsi_p215.html

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raynar said:
Supercard DSTWO has another advantage it by pass Anti-piracy protection, so don't need patch roms. AK2i on the another hand we have to wait for AKAIO update or have Patched intro roms. Megaman Zero collection and Dragon Quest IX work well on DSTWO since does bypass the AP protection.

Currently DSTWO is most advance Flashcart on the market that I heard. So far it is from the looks of it.

You want GBA roms and you got a NDS Lite then EZ3 in 1 with an ak2i is good choice in that case.
If you have DSi then DSTWO is prefer. I have AK2i with AKAIO 1.7 and going to buy DSTWO soon.

You do understand that the DSTWO doesn't magically bypass all AP protection right? It is programmed into the firmware. ATM the current firmware gets around the AP protection used on any recently released game. When a new type of AP protection comes out, there is a good chance that the DSTWO, like all flash carts, will need a firmware update to get around it.

On topic: I agree with what everyone has said here. If you have a DSLite, don't care about GBA and SNES emulation, or don't want/need a bunch of extra features, then the Acekard is for you. If you want something that is near future-proof and has a butt load of special features, go with the DSTWO. Money has been tight for me lately so I got the Acekard 2i. I don't feel the features of the DSTWO are worth the extra $20. I have a DS Lite with a CycloDS Evo for my GBA-playing needs and I plan on getting an EZ-Flash IV for my SP and Gameboy Player. I don't really care about watching movies on my XL right now and I own too many GBA and DS games that I need to play to worry about SNES emulation.

Just take the time to seriously think about what you need in a flash cart and see which fits it better. If you don't care about the cost, just get the DSTWO.

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
I suggest Acekard 2i because there is the proof of master piece software, AKAIO, which successful by speed, stable, Homebrew and ROM compatible that have adequate features for most users. However, it has a little bit slower update presently (may be because of some flashcard developers trying to hack AKAIO).

For DSTWO, I wish to buy one but it should have more proof, I wait for more GBA compatibility, SNES emulator, compatible update (it look like too slow for new flashcard), homebrew compatibility (not good now), 3rd-party homebrew that use DSTWO power(hopeful or hopeless?). It draw more battery power for built-in CPU which is a minor issue for me to decide to buy, I hope new DSTWO software will have treatment for this issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone