Hacking Acekard 2i Not Working Anymore?

caexiis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acekard 2i that worked perfectly before. It was used on a DS lite, with the firmware _ak2 and akmenu4.nds, which are found in the link called OLD Version 4.23 on the Acekard website. The SD card used is a SanDisk 2GB. The Acekard is perhaps a year old? There was a long period of time where I didn't use it as well (about 5-6 months).

Anyways, I was playing some roms last night, and then I decided that I wanted to add these two new roms that I got. So, I added the two new roms, clicked around on my SD card while it was in the computer, but I did not delete or change anything else.

I went back to playing, and my Acekard was still fine. Then, I decided to open up the two new roms that I added before, but they wouldn't load (white screen). So, I went back to the computer and took them off my SD card (not changing anything else). However, when I decided to go back to playing, my Acekard won't start up at all. The most it gets to is the blue "loading" screen, so the home menu doesn't even show up.

I tried looking for solutions, and I have tried changing my SD card to a SanDisk 4GB, the paper trick, updating it with the newest version of AKAIO, using a different DS lite, and reformatting it with SD Formatter.

Can anyone help me out?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
what icon does your ak2i display?
what were these 2 rom files?
have you verified by crc value that they are clean good dumps?

please perform the following:
1. format your msd card using the panasonic formatter
2. drop on a clean copy of akaio, one freshly downloaded from akaio.net
3. put on 1 clean rom/homebrew, boot it up, and test... does it work?

-another world

caexiis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by what icon my ak2i displays?
The two rom files were: Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 3 (I don't remember where I downloaded from) and Etrian Odyssey III (from )
Sorry, I don't know what the crc value or clean, good dumps refer to.

And it doesn't work when I try that. Just to verify, the Acekard should still work if the games are also on the root of the SD card, right?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
when you see the ak2i, before you boot into it, it will display an icon. either a generic acekard icon or the icon of an actual ds game. what icon does it display?

you'll need to get the crc values and check against a goodset listing, such as advanscene.com. i can't help you until i know if the roms are clean or not.

the akaio software doesn't care where you put the roms, they can be in root or in folders.

-another world

caexiis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It displays the generic Acekard 2i icon with www.acekard.com beneath it.

I'm checking the rom for Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, which is what I was last playing on my Acekard 2i. I used the program Febooti, and I got the same crc32 as on the website you gave me. However, the only thing that's different is that the website says that the rom is 512 MB even though my rom is 64 MB. Does that mean my rom is not clean?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
please load akaio, click start, then click on the help menu. let me know what HWID your card is. it will either be 44 or 81.

did your ak2i always display the generic acekard icon?

i think the site lists in megaBIT. 512/8 = 64... or i got my math wrong, which is highly possible! if the crc value matches you have the correct rom.

-another world

caexiis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Load AKAIO? Unless you mean on the computer, I can't load AKAIO on my AK2i since the home menu won't even show up. It just says "loading" in blue letters.

And I don't know whether my AK2i always displayed the generic icon because I usually set up my DS to auto mode.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i was under the impression you could get into akaio but could not load roms.

without knowing what HWID you have, its difficult to suggest what steps to follow next. you should try reflashing the bootloader, it is possible that it has become corrupted. from what, i can only guess, and nothing i can think of should affect the ak2i. try the most recent file hosted at acekard.com. it will tell you what HWID you have (4444 or 8181). If you have a 44 card then you'll need an older bootloader, the new file only works on the 81. it won't matter if you are forced into the old update because you are using a dslite.

to run the reflashing software you'll need another flash kit. the file is an .nds file. you'll run it, and then swap in your ak2i when prompted. if this doesn't fix it then i have no idea what is wrong. unless its a more serious contact issue and you just haven't dialed in the fix.

check this guide for more information: http://gbatemp.net/topic/326237-how-to-update-the-ak2i-bootloader/

originally the ak2i had a generic icon but as you aren't sure if it was always there then i can't be sure if your bootloader became corrupted or not. based on what you have told me the above is my best suggestion.

-another world

caexiis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read through the guide that you posted; however, I am confused about some things.

What flash kit do I use to do the reflashing, and do I just save it to the Micro SD card? Based on what I saw on the page, it looks like I have to run my Acekard before I can run the .nds file. Isn't that not possible since my Acekard won't load at all?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you use any flash kit that can run a .nds file. since your acekard isn't working you'll need something else. be it an r4, ak2.1, supercard, ez flash, etc. you put the .nds file on your msd card, boot that other flash kit, and run the file. you would use the method for unbricking a flash kit, that file will prompt you to take out the 1st card and insert the 2nd (the acekard).

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill