Hacking Acekard 2i not loading games on DSi

techman89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help.
I've got an Acekard 2i and updated the firmware to accommodate the 1.4U that is loaded onto my DSi. I'm trying to use it now, but when I select a game on the MicroSD, the DSi shows 'loading' and freezes up on that display. Here's my sequence of events:

1. downloaded the update_14_DSL and _DSi.nds files
2. took the microSD card that had akaio and all my game files out of my Acekard 2 that I'd been using in my DSL with no problems
3. loaded BOTH update_14 files onto the microSD card from the Acekard 2
4. put the microSD (from my Acekard 2) in my Acekard 2i and put the Acekard 2i into my DSL (my DSi already had 1.4U on it, so I had to use the DSL)
5. i ran the DSi version of the update file successfully
6. removed the Acekard 2i from the DSL and inserted it in the DSi
7. rebooted the DSi and it shows the 'danny phantom' icon
8. 'ran' the 'danny phantom'/Acekard 2i successfully, and I see the akaio interface as normal (as normally seen on my DSL)
9. chose any one of the 20 games on my microSD, and every one of them gets to the 'loading' screen and locks up
10. reinserted the Acekard 2i back in the DSL and ran the DSL version of the update_14 file.
11. it ran successfully and I then reinserted the Acekard 2i back in the DSi.
12. whatever game I choose locks up still at the 'loading' screen
13. I then loaded akaio 1.4.1 files on a fresh microSD, put a few games on it (same games as on the old microSD/Acekard 2 combo from my DSL) and put that microSD into the Acekard 2i. Still the same problem: all the games lock up during loading.

It doesn't seem to me like I've got a bricked Acekard 2i?

HELP!

techman89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, Zero! the loader you linked seemed to do the trick. games are loading to completion now.

The loader I was using was the same one I've been using on my Acekard 2 for the DSL since around April of this year. After further review of the Acekard section of gbatemp, I see that they're pretty clear that a new updated loader is needed. I apologize for not doing all my research first.

I placed your linked Normmatt loader in the _aio/loaders directory (in fact, now it is the only loader in that folder) and the games now boot and play correctly.

Do I need to keep the other 2 loaders that were previously in that folder in there? Right now I placed all 3 of the older folders in a temp folder under the root.

Thanks again, Zero!

techman89

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan