RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It looks like the Acekard 2i may not work on the new DSi XL model.
I just returned from Gamestation where my brother works, and we tested my Acekard 2i on the new system.
At first, the icon would not appear on the DSi XL menu. A quick re-insert brought the icon up, but trying to load "Danny Phantom" results in an error.
I also checked the firmware, it's 1.4E.

So, there you have it, it's possible AK2i doesn't work with the DSi XL right now.
Just thought I'd share my anecdote, who knows, it might differ from person to person.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i only know of people who have tested it on a Japan DSiXL in theory it should work on the Europe DSiXL also but i could be wrong seeing as though it doesn't work for you

Nanuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it does work on my new XL... I initially got the "no game card inserted", but after re-inserting my Acekard the Danny Phantom logo appeared.
biggrin.gif
And it has worked flawlessly since then.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, we had that same issue with "no gamepak inserted", but when booting Danny Phantom, it just gave an error instead.

Maybe it was a fluke, and it should have worked if we tried again? Hmm.

Gamakireta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
Really ?

damn, I'm using LL (Jap. Ver) and thinking to replace my R4i SDHC (a clone) with an A2ki

guess i'll have to live with this darn card then... *sigh*

puppydee

Trophies
XP
Country
Doh, my acecard2i wont work in my xl. I get the acecard logo on the menu but when u click on it it says "An error has occurred. Press and hold the power button to turn the system off."
frown.gif
any idea's guys?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
puppydee said:
Doh, my acecard2i wont work in my xl. I get the acecard logo on the menu but when u click on it it says "An error has occurred. Press and hold the power button to turn the system off."
frown.gif
any idea's guys?
Sounds like you need to perform the 1.4 update on a compatible system then.
Up-to-date AK2is should display the Danny Phantom Logo on a DSi instead. (They will still show an AK2i icon on a DS Lite though)

puppydee

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, i'm stuck, how do i flash this card using one of them files? I had a look through that thread and there was a vid but it's been removed from youtube and I don't know what i need to do/use
smile.gif

Edit: its ok i've done it and after updating the card in my dslite it now works in my new Dsi-XL Sweet. Thanks for the help guys
smile.gif

Kurems

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have flashed one of my AceKard2i (HW 44 and AKAIO 1.5.1) on a Nintendo DS Lite and tested the previous configuration with a brand new DSi XL (Chocolate version).

No problem encountered so far and everything is working!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, it looks like I should apologise.

I went back to Gamestation when I noticed some marks on my Acekard's contacts, to try the DSi XL again.

We were actually able to get it to work, it looks like there was actually a contact issue with my card, as it would crash most of the time.
Yet it usually runs without problems in my DSi, maybe the DSi XL slot is marginally different.

So, looks like I might just have to buy a replacement AK2i, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-