Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anoying , when i playing a game , puff it freezes
hate2.gif
. I'm very far on a game then it just freezes
unsure.gif

I dont know ,maybe the akaio 1.5 , becouse with the offical firmware il never had any trouble
blink.gif

I'l just formated the card (2 times) and putted akaio from the acekard site on my acejard 2i

but why does it should freeze *my ak2i)

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For sure you did something wrong when installing. Just try to start over step by step:

1/ First, format your sd card with SDformatter (back up your stuffs before doing it)
2/ Install AKAIO 1.5 ("_aio/" folder and "akmenu4.nds" file on the root).
3/ Get the latest loader and put it in the "_aio/loaders" folder.
4/ Create some folders for your game, homebrews, etc.. and enjoy

Go to the AKAIO Wiki for more information.

Sabri23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jak larnak said:
For sure you did something wrong when installing. Just try to start over step by step:

1/ First, format your sd card with SDformatter (back up your stuffs before doing it)

Thank you so much
smile.gif
, i finished the steps , and i realy hope i dont have any problems anymore =)

kingsanto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those having this freezing issue, are you using a DSi or a DS Lite? Mine's a DS Lite, and I'm having freezing issues. When I put Akaio on, I did exactly what jak larnak posted.

My daughter wanted Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games on her DSi, so I put AKAIO 1.5 on her card. I want to see if she has any freezing issues.

Sabri23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kingsanto said:
For those having this freezing issue, are you using a DSi or a DS Lite? Mine's a DS Lite, and I'm having freezing issues. When I put Akaio on, I did exactly what jak larnak posted.

My daughter wanted Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games on her DSi, so I put AKAIO 1.5 on her card. I want to see if she has any freezing issues.
Im using a DSi , and sometimes , i got 5 freezes on 1 day , and sometimes days i dont get a freeze .I'l folowed the steps from jak larnak , i'l hope í doont have freezes anymore

db73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jak larnak said:

Thanks for this post.

However I tried this exactly as you instructed & I still get freezes. So far I've only ever had this problem with Konami games - Castlevania Order of Eclessia & Contra 4. Never had a feeeze (so far) with any other game. I'm not exactly sure but it seems to happen as a result of the kind of frantic button pressing these games demand. I even tried reformatting the card, using the tool you linked to, installing the latest AKAIO software & only having Contra 4 on the card. Sure enough eventually it froze again. I might try the same thing with the standard Acekard 2i software & see if it happens with this.

db73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
devesh_zelda said:
Rockstar said:
Reformat
Redownload ROMS That Freeze
Install akAIO 1.5 again
Update tto the latest loaders
try it out
I was going to say that.
mad.gif
Well, it didn't work anyway. Thanks for the suggestion. Think I'm fighting a loosing battle here. Those Konami games just don't want to run properly for me. Oh well. I've got the original cart of Contra 4. I'll just use that.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
db73 said:
I'm not exactly sure but it seems to happen as a result of the kind of frantic button pressing these games demand.
You figured that right. You most likely have a contact issue, ie your Acekard does not make a proper contact within the slot, and every time you bump it the game stops working. Sometimes this can be fixed by cleaning up the contacts on the acekard , or wedging a thin piece of cardboard between the cart and the slot, so it sits in more firmly.

staticfritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I had an Acekard 2i that I returned because of the constant freezing. I did the paper trick to thicken the cart, re-installed the firmware many times and found that nothing changed the fact that the card would randomly freeze and screw up my games. I also found that if a game was running and I put my DS down on the table, the resulting vibration froze the game, which let me to believe that the contacts pins were not connecting.

If you compare the Acekard 2i to a retail cartridge, you will notice the gold pins are shorter. In short, the Acekard 2 made me stressed to play which is the opposite feeling that I'm supposed to have from a game system.

Don't feel like it's your fault, either. If the cart you buy is not easy enough to use that you have to jump through hoops to get it to play, it's just a waste of your money.

I now have a CycloDS and it has not had a single problem since I got it.

db73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leonidas said:
db73 said:
I'm not exactly sure but it seems to happen as a result of the kind of frantic button pressing these games demand.
You figured that right. You most likely have a contact issue, ie your Acekard does not make a proper contact within the slot, and every time you bump it the game stops working. Sometimes this can be fixed by cleaning up the contacts on the acekard , or wedging a thin piece of cardboard between the cart and the slot, so it sits in more firmly.
Cheers. I'll try that. I thought it was odd that it only seems to happen on games that require plenty of pad/button pressing. Also when I reset the DSi the Acekard 2i shows as not being installed! I have to remove it & then put it back to get it to show up. It doesn't happen that often to be honest. But with a game like Contra it's really annoying because you have to start the level all over again when you snuff it & there are no save poins or anything like that.

db73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
staticfritz said:
Hi, I had an Acekard 2i that I returned because of the constant freezing. I did the paper trick to thicken the cart, re-installed the firmware many times and found that nothing changed the fact that the card would randomly freeze and screw up my games. I also found that if a game was running and I put my DS down on the table, the resulting vibration froze the game, which let me to believe that the contacts pins were not connecting.

If you compare the Acekard 2i to a retail cartridge, you will notice the gold pins are shorter. In short, the Acekard 2 made me stressed to play which is the opposite feeling that I'm supposed to have from a game system.

Don't feel like it's your fault, either. If the cart you buy is not easy enough to use that you have to jump through hoops to get it to play, it's just a waste of your money.

I now have a CycloDS and it has not had a single problem since I got it.
Thanls for the info.

When I bought the Acekard 2i I think it was the only flash card that was DSi compatible. I suppose it's a different story now. Is the CycloDS now DSi (with the latest firmware) compatible?

db73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the 'paper trick'. Played for a fair while with no freezes. Not convinced it's sorted the problem but it seemed better so far
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi