Acekard 2i doesn't boot

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Natsuki2, Apr 24, 2009.

Apr 24, 2009

Acekard 2i doesn't boot by Natsuki2 at 8:32 PM (4,678 Views / 0 Likes) 36 replies

1. Natsuki2
    OP

Newcomer Natsuki2 Newbie

Belgium
    Hello all,

I just got my Acekard 2i today with a brand new Nintendo DSi. I used to have a R4 for my DS Phat, which worked good.

I formatted my 4Gb MicroSD card and installed AKAIO v1.4.1 PROPER together with the latest loaders.

When I boot my DSi, it says that no card is inserted in the DS Game Card slot. [​IMG] I tried with official firmware as well, and I tried it on my DS Phat, but nothing works... Is my Acekard already broken !? It's brand new. [​IMG]

Kind Regards,
    Natsuki

2. WioWao

Member WioWao GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    Hi Natsuki2. I dont think your card is broken. I dont hope so! But that happens to my cart too! Sometimes it just wont show up or my games freeze because the card isnt recognized by the DS. What i usually do is to put in another game to test if that works and then just wait a little. Blow into the DS and then suddenly my card works again after waiting some time. I dont know what exactly makes it work. Maybe ur card is broken. Try with some original games. Clean the goldfinger/contacts on your Acekard 2i.

3. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Download this loader and put it into __aio/loaders directory, just incase you've got the wrong one.

And make sure both the __aio folder, and the akmenu4.nds are both on the root of the memory stick.

If all else fails, fully format your micro SD with the panasonic formatter and read all of this. [​IMG]

4. WioWao

Denmark
    Did you even read what he wrote?... His card doesnt even show up on the DSi/DS Phat. This means he cant even start the card. The Acekard is able to startup(well at least show the "loading" thingie but not getting anywhere) no matter what is on the SD so it doesnt really matter what version of bla bla is there [​IMG] He is unable to even start/open/run the card.

5. Tokiopop

United Kingdom
    It's either what I said, or there's a problem with the connections. Some people have fixed this with a peice of paper - search.

6. WioWao

Denmark
    True.. true [​IMG] My card does that sometimes i dont really know what fixes it i just wait like 2min then it works again haha [​IMG] All theese threads about Acekard2i makes it look like its some shit xD

7. Tokiopop

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I only posted the stuff about loaders because I'm so used to it after seeing 'wont load'. Load. Loaders. Make my brain confused after spoon feeding. [​IMG]

But normally putting a little bit of paper down inside the DS card slot with the AK inside might fix the problem, but but the paper in the same side the sticker on the AK is.

8. Natsuki2
    OP

Newcomer Natsuki2 Newbie

Belgium
    Thanks for the replies guys ... I tried everything you described in this topic: putting some paper inside the DS card slot and tried with original game and then switching the AK2i card ... But nothing seems to work. I'm not a computer expert, but I think I put the right files onto my micro sd card: one __aio folder and akmenu4.nds are in my root directory ... I also downloaded the new loader ...

I guess my card is fucked up ... [​IMG] [​IMG] It actually never worked ! [​IMG]

Any other ideas besides sending it back to the webshop and asking a new one?

9. Kaoz360

Newcomer Kaoz360 Member

United Kingdom
    Er... No - Send it back and get a replacement before you go mad [​IMG]

Nah being serious for a second it doesnt look like there is another answer as you've tried everything that people have said,the qiucker you send it back the quicker you get a new working one [​IMG]

10. Natsuki2
    OP

Newcomer Natsuki2 Newbie

Belgium
    ok [​IMG] I thought so myself ... I'll send it back tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help! [​IMG]

11. XInSaNe FartX

Newcomer XInSaNe FartX Member

United States
    i guess im lucky, cuz this hasnt happened to me yet

12. Tokiopop

United Kingdom
    Lucky? No, I wouldn't say the Acekard is so crap you'd be lucky to get a working one. But the thread started was very unlucky.

13. Contract_Pilot

Newcomer Contract_Pilot Newbie

United States
    I may have got a bad one also... Just got it today from DX

14. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    most complains like these, peopel are sayin that they got it from deal extreme....therre might be a reason why they sell them so cheap. their mostly bbroken if u get it from there...get it from a diff web but for sure...urs is broken

15. impur1ty

Newcomer impur1ty Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    This was happening to mine. I think it is a contact issue.

I managed fixed mine by inserting a small square of card betwen the AK2i label and the DS.
    Haven't had trouble detecting it since.

16. soulfire

Member soulfire gear... secando

Netherlands
    jep the acekard2 i compared to other cards is not the best choice

but i have to do with it till m3 real i comes [​IMG]

17. Blythe31

Member Blythe31 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a similar problem. I just got mine today and it wont boot up. I have the latest loaders and AKAIO proper running on a class 4 kingston 8gb.
    On my DSL it doesn't show there being an AK2i in slot1 but it's blank and let's me click on it. When I do, I get two white screens that don't do anything. I just tried the paper thing. What other things can I do?

I just got it from topdepots.com, so i'd prefer not to send it back since their shipping takes so long to get here, and i'd hate to wait another 2 weeks for a new card to come.

18. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    I got mine to day to replace the one i "bricked" the dsi mode on the new one is a HWID 88 old card is HWID 44 im glad to report its working perfect so to all the ppl haveing problems just do as explained here on gba temp and it will work [​IMG]

19. TraumaHoundNDS

Member TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If the contacts look dirty (and they shouldn't on your brand-new AK2i cart) you can clean them with a swab of rubbing alcohol or use a little compressed air in the cart slot to blow out any dust and loose bits that might be in there (again, probably not likely needed in your new DSi's case...)

20. Blythe31

Member Blythe31 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was wondering what exactly it looked like when your ds's wouldn't boot the ak2i? My dsl allows me to click on the slot1 button but doesn't show anything.

[​IMG]

then it gets stuck on two white screens and just sits there for hours unless i restart the ds.

[​IMG]

I tried the whole paper contacts thing, as well as cleaning the contacts. Anything else I could possibly do?