Acekard 2i deleting my save files?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Xcist, Jul 13, 2009.

Jul 13, 2009
  1. Xcist
    OP

Newcomer Xcist Advanced Member

Canada
    Hmm. Well here's my setup:
    US DSi
    Acekard 2i with AKAIO PROPER 1.4.1 repack.
    Patriot 8GB MicroSD HC formatted with Panasonic formatter.

I've tried to play both:
    Black Sigil and Dragon Quest IV.

Problem:
    After some time (I was a good 5-8 hours into Black Sigil and 5 hours into DQIV), I shut my DSi off one night, and turn it on the next day to find that my save file has disappeared! Actually I'm not sure if they got deleted + recreated, or simply wiped - but either way when I start the game, my save file seems to have been deleted. =(

Now I've had this happen to me on two games, and it's really turning me off from playing my DSi at all, since I just lost a good 10-15 hours of gameplay. =/

Anyone have an idea of why this is happening and/or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance! I'm hoping someone can help me out, or I'll have to purchase another card because I really don't want this to happen again - especially not when I'm playing RPG's.

2. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I've never experienced that before. All my savegames are intact after months of play. Only thing I can think of is a corrupt or defective microSD. Try another one?

3. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Hm...I think I may have actually run into that problem earlier too. I don't know what it is either...but at least I only lost about an hour or so of gameplay, so it's no big deal. I turned the DS off relatively late at night, but I doubt that had anything to do with it.

So yeah, sorry, I don't really know what's wrong.

4. Xcist
    OP

Newcomer Xcist Advanced Member

Canada
    Ack. That use to happen to me also - but I just kinda shook it off. It was like an hour or something - I can redo thatt. But losing an entire save file hurts >.

5. HisInfernalMajes

Newcomer HisInfernalMajes Advanced Member

United States
    Did you try finding the sav file by booting up the sd card in your pc? When I set up my akAIO, both Mario Kart and Bleach games created new .sav files. It turns out akAIO didn't recognize the file and simply made a new one. I simply renamed the previous .sav file and everything was good.