Hacking Acekard 2i deleting my save files?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xcist
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,861
  • Replies Replies 4

Xcist

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
157
Country
Canada
Hmm. Well here's my setup:
US DSi
Acekard 2i with AKAIO PROPER 1.4.1 repack.
Patriot 8GB MicroSD HC formatted with Panasonic formatter.

I've tried to play both:
Black Sigil and Dragon Quest IV.

Problem:
After some time (I was a good 5-8 hours into Black Sigil and 5 hours into DQIV), I shut my DSi off one night, and turn it on the next day to find that my save file has disappeared! Actually I'm not sure if they got deleted + recreated, or simply wiped - but either way when I start the game, my save file seems to have been deleted. =(

Now I've had this happen to me on two games, and it's really turning me off from playing my DSi at all, since I just lost a good 10-15 hours of gameplay. =/

Anyone have an idea of why this is happening and/or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance! I'm hoping someone can help me out, or I'll have to purchase another card because I really don't want this to happen again - especially not when I'm playing RPG's.
 
Hm...I think I may have actually run into that problem earlier too. I don't know what it is either...but at least I only lost about an hour or so of gameplay, so it's no big deal. I turned the DS off relatively late at night, but I doubt that had anything to do with it.

So yeah, sorry, I don't really know what's wrong.
 
Da-Bomb1 said:
Hm...I think I may have actually run into that problem earlier too. I don't know what it is either...but at least I only lost about an hour or so of gameplay, so it's no big deal. I turned the DS off relatively late at night, but I doubt that had anything to do with it.

So yeah, sorry, I don't really know what's wrong.

Ack. That use to happen to me also - but I just kinda shook it off. It was like an hour or something - I can redo thatt. But losing an entire save file hurts >.
 
Did you try finding the sav file by booting up the sd card in your pc? When I set up my akAIO, both Mario Kart and Bleach games created new .sav files. It turns out akAIO didn't recognize the file and simply made a new one. I simply renamed the previous .sav file and everything was good.
 

Site & Scene News