Hacking Acekard 2i confusion

noonzascript

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, so I purchased an Acekard 2i from Ozmodchips and I've been reading in different places that you need a DS/DSi to update the Acekard 2i in order to get it working with a 3DS.

Is this true? I thought it would work without doing anything to the card

thanks
smile.gif

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that if it's NOT 3DS compatible out of the box then you'll have to do that.
3dspackage.JPG

In the upper left of the photo it says 3DS compatible. If this is what you receive then there should be no problem.

There's actually a big thread about this somewhere... I'll try to find the link since it provides more info.

EDIT: http://gbatemp.net/t285168-acekard-2i-3ds-...t&p=3542063
Look around in here if you need more info. Everything you need to know should be in that topic.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
that depends on the website you bought from; if they opened up every unit and applied the update or they already have 3DS compatible ak2i, yours should already be prepared for 3DS.

I looked at the website you've provided to us (www.ozmodchips.com) and it claims this:

QUOTE said:
In stock, shipping (from 29/03/11 this product ships with the 3DS update included!)

If you've placed your purchase after March 29, 2011, then it's 3DS compatible... if not, you'll have to flash the firmware with the updater on a phat DS/DS lite/DSi(XL).

1. Load any cart on your DS/DS lite/DSi(XL)
2. load the ak2ifw_updater_3DS_v1.nds
3. without turning your DS off, exchange to your ak2i (if you didn't run the updater on an ak2i)

doodads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll mention gamespree.net again, theirs work out of the box on 3ds. You just need to throw the akaio files on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...