Acekard 2i-Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by RyanRDLPS, Oct 20, 2009.

Oct 20, 2009
  1. RyanRDLPS
    OP

Member RyanRDLPS GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The video introduction doesn't hit all frames. Skipping around quite a bit.
    After some testing and research I believe I hit on the problem.
    I'm using a 16GB Class 6 MicroSDHC, and I don't believe the M3i Zero is very compatible with the higher end storage cards.

Anyone else have a good take on this? I'm going to pick up the AceKard 2i in hopes that it will remedy my problems. It seems its a better build.
    I tested the same Micro on my CycloDS Evolution and it ran without a hiccup as always. So I'm positive it's the flash card having an issue in transferring.

Thanks all for your help!

2. TheDude879

Newcomer TheDude879 Member

United States
    The game plays perfectly on my acekard 2i. And I use a class 6 16gb SDHC.

3. RyanRDLPS
    OP

United States
    Oh thats fantastic news! Thanks so much for not only your fast reply, but being a high roller with a very high end SDHC card!
    I googled for the last week looking into this, and no one it seems rocks the high end 16 GIG cards.

Very good to news to hear indeed!

Also does Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story run battles smoothly? In particular I'm talking about the star transition into a battle. The Cyclo runs it flawlessly.
    And does Portrait of Ruin freeze up on teleporting, or opening the menu?

Thanks so much again!

4. jak larnak

Member jak larnak GBAtemp Regular

France
  5. RyanRDLPS
    OP

United States
    Just wanted to post a real quick update.

After receiving my spanking new Ak2i, I was delighted to find with the latest loaders every
    game runs smooth as butter. Even the pain in the arse Castlevania Dawn of Sorrows, and Portrait of Ruin run
    flawlessly. Now, I do understand, and have tested all these games on smaller size MicroSDs and they do work just
    fine. However, I'm rocking a Class 6 16GIG card and I needed the most powerful Flash Card I could find. That card
    was indeed the AceKard2i. Once again I'm not dismissing the M3i Zero for the lower end MicroSD users I think
    its a fantastic buy!

6. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Well I'm pretty sure Norm or YWG or both made a fix to akaio 1.5 to allow one of the castlevania games always play fully well. Wow you have a class 6 and it doesn't run well on the m3. [​IMG]

7. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I remember Normmatt fixing the freezing issues thanks to yellow.wood.goblin.

8. RyanRDLPS
    OP

United States
    Well I'm pretty sure Norm or YWG or both made a fix to akaio 1.5 to allow one of the castlevania games always play fully well. Wow you have a class 6 and it doesn't run well on the m3.

Well after extensive testing it wasn't the class of the card because my 2 GIG card ran Castlevania very smoothly. It just has issues it seems with much larger data cards. Although, I thought initially it might be
    my card. I'm happy to report I tested it in my Cyclo, and Ak2i and it runs everything I throw at it beautifully. I'm very pleased with my Ak2i switch.