Hacking AceKard 2i and DSTwo Question and Justfication

nutsnbolts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently purchased both. Acekard 2i for my son and DSTwo for myself.

Granted, I already have read all the topics regarding the comparison between the two and everyone talks about price points between the two and Acekard being the cheaper of the two. I rationalized DSTwo for myself only because I would or can see that I would play GBA games (probably, perhaps :) ) but the fact of the matter is, my son will just be on the 3DS.

Did I make a good choice purchasing one of each? Money is not a concern for me because I would have paid 40 bucks for a game where I just invested it on a DSTwo.

Anything I would regret with this? Both seems to be solid devices, I guess I wanted to have one of both to experience both... I guess if I purchased just two DStwo or Acekards 2i, I wouldn't have missed one over the other.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only REAL advantages of a DSTwo over an Acekard 2i is GBA emulation, and real-time saving. I prefer my Acekard 2i since it was cheaper and I never really use RTS anyway, but both cards are excellent.

nutsnbolts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, I figured that both cards are solid. I just hate being in a situation where I wished I purchased one over the other and despite all the great reviews over the AceKards 2i, the DSTwo was also up there and basically although it didn't receive much praise as the Acekards (probably because it was just an expensive cart, despite solid performance), I didn't see anything bad with the DSTwo.

Depravo
Yeah, I know the carts don't play 3d games.

I'm curious though, I see 3d Roms available and was wondering, the game will be playable, but just not in 3d? I'm still trying to understand how the 3d works.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm curious though, I see 3d Roms available and was wondering, the game will be playable, but just not in 3d? I'm still trying to understand how the 3d works.
The games won't be playable at all, DS Flashcarts weren't built to run 3DS games, and as of now there are no 3DS flashcarts that can play 3DS roms.
The 3D is just a feature to the games and, afaik adds nothing to the playablity of the roms. I even read somewhere that Iwata said that there may be some 3DS games that don't use 3D.

nutsnbolts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games won't be playable at all, DS Flashcarts weren't built to run 3DS games, and as of now there are no 3DS flashcarts that can play 3DS roms.
The 3D is just a feature to the games and, afaik adds nothing to the playablity of the roms. I even read somewhere that Iwata said that there may be some 3DS games that don't use 3D.

Then I guess why are there downloadable 3D roms? I downloaded it, thinking that it's playable but just won't have the 3D capability. Hrm...

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I guess why are there downloadable 3D roms? I downloaded it, thinking that it's playable but just won't have the 3D capability. Hrm...
Because some smart people figured out how to dump them, so they did. They don't care that they're not playable.

mrreow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSTWO has some added functionalities over the AK2i, but if all you care about is having a high quality card that is going to run DS games they're both sound choices. While the AK2i is slightly cheaper, its not like you're getting a lower quality product or anything - just a few less bells and whistles that you probably won't even notice are absent.

nutsnbolts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSTWO has some added functionalities over the AK2i, but if all you care about is having a high quality card that is going to run DS games they're both sound choices. While the AK2i is slightly cheaper, its not like you're getting a lower quality product or anything - just a few less bells and whistles that you probably won't even notice are absent.

Yeah I figured that. Either way in the event I want to do more. Now I can. Although realistically I probably not even will take advantage if it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.