Hacking AceKard 2i and AKAIO

rajendra82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my AceKard 2i yesterday and was playing around with both the official firmware (4.13) and AKAIO (1.3rc1). I can get the official firmware to work fine and load all the nds ROMs corectly that I have tried. When I put in AKAIO, it boots up fine and lists my ROMs, same as the official firmware, but when I try to run the same nds ROM that loaded fine before, all I get are two black screens. Is there some options I need to switch from default installation before I attempt to run the nds file? Is this a known bug fixed in RC2?

rajendra82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
did you copy over all of rc1 to your card or just the akmenu.nds?

I copied over both the nds file and the system files folder for AKAIO, replacing the official versions of these, while I was trying it.

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, now copy everything from the old firmware (files that you would have put in the root directory) into "__aio/ak2/" You don't need all of it, but it's just easier this way.

This is because the AKAIO allows the official firmware to boot games, as it is more commonly updated.

Have I got this right, people?

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
Uhhh, the Wiki does mention the need to copy the official firmware to "_aio/ak2/", although you actually only need akmenu4.nds in there. (My bad)

Here's the link to the Wiki.

For games that don't work, you can change the loader they use in their individual properties window.

rajendra82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Velveteer said:
Uhhh, the Wiki does mention the need to copy the official firmware to "_aio/ak2/", although you actually only need akmenu4.nds in there. (My bad)

Here's the link to the Wiki.

For games that don't work, you can change the loader they use in their individual properties window.

QUOTE(Smiths @ Jan 13 2009, 09:04 PM) yeah, /__aio/ak2loader/ is for alternate loaders in AKAIO

Isn't alternate loader support disabled on my AceKard 2i, making these steps unnecessary and irrelevant?

When you say unrar everything on to the root of the MicroSD replacing everything, of course akmenu4.nds of the official firmware gets replaced with AKAIO version of the same file. Should I have left the _ak2 folder alone so that both _aio and _ak2 are present on the root, or are the contents of _ak2 unnecessary after _aio gets created?

Silver_Johnes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Smiths said:
AK2i has even less memory than the AK2 internally.

undocumented "feature"

QUOTE(Smiths @ Jan 14 2009, 06:00 AM) ...
and yeah, alt loader not on ak2i
damn...
hate2.gif
and never will?

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Smiths said:
well
we can put in alt loader
if you want to brick your AK2i.

We'll put it in for you especially, since you don't want to search the forums for "alternate loader ak2i" and find the reason.

nvm, I now see what I needed to know

Rice8Azn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Where can I download Akaio? I'll be getting my Acekard 2i pretty soon.

By the way, with the talk of the new DSi firmware 1.4U, has there been any massive updates on this firmware yet? Thankfully I haven't updated my DSi's firmware yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1