Acekard 2i and AKAIO 1.7.1 problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ShadowtheKitty, Jul 31, 2010.

Jul 31, 2010
  1. ShadowtheKitty
    OP

Newcomer ShadowtheKitty Member

United States
    I'm having a problem on my girlfriend's acekard. I have an Acekard RPG with AKAIO 1.7.1, and it's working perfectly. I just upgraded to 1.7.1 the other day, and haven't had a single problem. But today, I put it on her acekard 2i, and now I'm having a strange problem that I don't know how to fix. The system options on the card don't seem to be saving properly. After I set everything properly, it seems to work right. But when I load up a game and try the L+R+A+B+Y+X+Down to reset back to the Acekard's menu, all the system options get reset to default. But turning the DS off and back on and going back into the Acekard, makes the system options load up just as I had set them. Anybody know what's going on here?

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    This question has been posted so many times @_@

To fix this, format the MicroSD with GParted LiveCD as 1 partition then do a fresh install of AKAIO 1.7.1.

3. ShadowtheKitty
    OP

United States
    oh heh ok, thanks. Sorry, I didn't know it's been posted before.

4. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Its okay, it is a rather hard thing to search.

5. ShadowtheKitty
    OP

United States
    yeah, I thought about searching, but I didn't know what to search for really. it's sorta a complicated problem to explain.

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    no one has collected any data on this issue. we still don't know if its akaio related, msd card related, or user error. this started to happen after akaio was revised into the new devkit, so some of us think its the code. however, no one has recorded what msd cards this happens on. what we do know is the problem is the partition becoming corrupted or incorrectly reported. so something like the panasonic formatter won't fix the problem.

-another world

7. KevInChester

Member KevInChester GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Dane Elec class 4 4gb(I know, not a great make - good read/write speeds though)

No issues using this SDHC on any version of AKAIO below 1.6 RC1, after that the issues are all present. I used Gparted, made it all into one partition, then did a full reformat using Panasonic SD formatter. No difference, issue is still present.

I will check using a Transcend class 6 4gb later.

Whereas the quality of the SD seems to have an impact, it does seem that AKAIO has become much more susceptible to this than in the past.

8. IgiveUgas

Newcomer IgiveUgas Advanced Member

United States
    Formatting using Panasonic SD Formatter will NOT leave it as one partition. You need to format using Gparted.