Hacking Acekard 2i and AKAIO 1.7.1 problem

ShadowtheKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem on my girlfriend's acekard. I have an Acekard RPG with AKAIO 1.7.1, and it's working perfectly. I just upgraded to 1.7.1 the other day, and haven't had a single problem. But today, I put it on her acekard 2i, and now I'm having a strange problem that I don't know how to fix. The system options on the card don't seem to be saving properly. After I set everything properly, it seems to work right. But when I load up a game and try the L+R+A+B+Y+X+Down to reset back to the Acekard's menu, all the system options get reset to default. But turning the DS off and back on and going back into the Acekard, makes the system options load up just as I had set them. Anybody know what's going on here?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
no one has collected any data on this issue. we still don't know if its akaio related, msd card related, or user error. this started to happen after akaio was revised into the new devkit, so some of us think its the code. however, no one has recorded what msd cards this happens on. what we do know is the problem is the partition becoming corrupted or incorrectly reported. so something like the panasonic formatter won't fix the problem.

by tomrev said:
It's very simple to use Gparted by minimal efffort

1) Use google to find gparted in ISO file format
2) Burn to CD by any CD Burner software or use google to find "unetbootin windows" or "Universal USB Installer" for make bootable USB
3) Set your computer to boot from CD or USB for booting gparted. There are a few command prompts, just press enter serveral times until show Gparted windows.
4) Insert the MicroSD that you need to resize and use menu -> refresh drive? (I'm not sure what it's called) .
5) Select the the correct drive for resize partition ( It's usually be sdb1 or whatever).
6) Right click on green bar and click on "Resize ..." pop-up menu.
7) Fill space around that partition, click OK and click Apply.

-another world

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Dane Elec class 4 4gb(I know, not a great make - good read/write speeds though)

No issues using this SDHC on any version of AKAIO below 1.6 RC1, after that the issues are all present. I used Gparted, made it all into one partition, then did a full reformat using Panasonic SD formatter. No difference, issue is still present.

I will check using a Transcend class 6 4gb later.

Whereas the quality of the SD seems to have an impact, it does seem that AKAIO has become much more susceptible to this than in the past.

IgiveUgas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KevInChester said:
Dane Elec class 4 4gb(I know, not a great make - good read/write speeds though)

No issues using this SDHC on any version of AKAIO below 1.6 RC1, after that the issues are all present. I used Gparted, made it all into one partition, then did a full reformat using Panasonic SD formatter. No difference, issue is still present.

I will check using a Transcend class 6 4gb later.

Whereas the quality of the SD seems to have an impact, it does seem that AKAIO has become much more susceptible to this than in the past.

Formatting using Panasonic SD Formatter will NOT leave it as one partition. You need to format using Gparted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night