Hacking Acekard 2i 3DS update

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
updated my AK2i with the DSi file on my old Phat, works like a charm, testing my games without any problems
happy.gif

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
same here, shows up as acekard on 3ds, shows as japanese game on dsi, does not work at all any more.
fxxk. can anyone confirm it works on ds lite or ds phat if it doesnt work on dsi and 3ds to reflash?

Firipu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
g.crow said:
same here, shows up as acekard on 3ds, shows as japanese game on dsi, does not work at all any more.
fxxk. can anyone confirm it works on ds lite or ds phat if it doesnt work on dsi and 3ds to reflash?

You can flash it again on your DSlite normally. But it won't change anything, it still will only work on your DSlite if you have a HWID 44 version.

My best tip is to just wait for AK2i to update their firmware. In the meantime, you can still use your card on your DSlite.

(and if your 3DS is brandnew, maybe reset it, to remove the Ak2 from your daily activity log thingy. Or if it's possible on US 3DS's, remove it from your activity log. Just to be on the safe side)

Edit: When you try to delete software from your activity log, this message shows up.

http://twitpic.com/4d4m6d

-> Second line in Japanese says ??????????????? (Can't delete the "daily record(?)" information)

devilworld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
flashed on DSlite ique chinese
100% fine
then removed AK2 files and replaced with akaio 1.8.6
tested on pal pink DSI
fine and japenese bootstrap
then 3DS and works fine etc and boots games fine.

thanks guys. for the file and the part to do with akaio.back to the wii.

redsmas

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn I wish I didn't trade in my dsi now.
Might be a good thing though, cause it means that I can't brick my 3ds. I'll wait for something a bit more official and less risky to come out.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Firipu said:
You can flash it again on your DSlite normally. But it won't change anything, it still will only work on your DSlite if you have a HWID 44 version.

thx. does that mean it WILL work on dsi again or it WONT work on dsi again, dont know about the HWID, guess i had the wrong one or else it would still work.

Firipu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
g.crow said:
Firipu said:

thx. does that mean it WILL work on dsi again or it WONT work on dsi again, dont know about the HWID, guess i had the wrong one or else it would still work.

For the time being, it wont work on your DSi if you updated your firmware. Maybe AK will release a way to downgrade your firmware, or a fix for it. But in the meantime, no, it'll only work on your DSlite (and maybe fat, don't have one to test)

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Kurems said:
I have found an AceKard 2i with HW: 44 on my side and tried to update it like the others.

And it doesn't work after the flash on the two 3DSes!

So with the informations we have collected so far, we could deduce that only the AceKards 2i with HW: 81 could be updated in order to be used on the 3DS...

How do I know which Acekard I have?

Firipu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MakiManPR said:
Kurems said:
I have found an AceKard 2i with HW: 44 on my side and tried to update it like the others.

So with the informations we have collected so far, we could deduce that only the AceKards 2i with HW: 81 could be updated in order to be used on the 3DS...

Touch the start button/word in the lower right corner of your bottom screen. Tap more, tap help. That should give a pop-up window. Your HW ID will be written next to the Akaio version on the bottom of the window.

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just updated my card on my dslite still works in my dsi didnt have to change any thing works fine but i will not know if it works on the usa 3ds intill sunday
frown.gif

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Firipu said:
MakiManPR said:
Kurems said:

Touch the start button/word in the lower right corner of your bottom screen. Tap more, tap help. That should give a pop-up window. Your HW ID will be written next to the Akaio version on the bottom of the window.

AKAIO v1.8.6 HW: 81 SVN: 1073

Thanks! though I still don't have my 3DS(US)

lompoc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acekard 3ds update is not full proof wich has lot of bugs so on so let them fix file and if i was u dont use it till its confirm it is fixed.we are sorry if carts messed up you are warned to stay away of this file till its perfected thanks and bye

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it doesnt even work on eu system with HWID 44.

i remember two different updates for dsi compatiblity for HWID 81 and 44 a long time ago.

i guess its the same case here, and everyone who already updated his HWID 44 card is screwed.

you should have tested better before putting the sh1t out.

but feel free to come up with a solution to fix my now worthless card or feel free to send me a new one.

and no, you did not warn the update can brick your LEGIT card, you warned about the clones.

sry, im p1ssed.

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, just want to share my experience:
-PAL 3DS
-Acekard 2i HW:81
-Updated with old DS PHAT

Update work with no errors. After that, the acekard stopped working on my PHAT.
Updated AKAIO on my microSD. Works now like a charme on my 3DS.

Z

Zorua

g.crow said:
it doesnt even work on eu system with HWID 44.

i remember two different updates for dsi compatiblity for HWID 81 and 44 a long time ago.

i guess its the same case here, and everyone who already updated his HWID 44 card is screwed.

you should have tested better before putting the sh1t out.

but feel free to come up with a solution to fix my now worthless card or feel free to send me a new one.

and no, you did not warn the update can brick your LEGIT card, you warned about the clones

sry, im p1ssed.

Thats exactly why they took the update off the main site.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:

i know, but the developers should be aware of the different hardware revisions and different updates needed, even i as a customer am.

they had a lot of time to get things running, even those fake "r4i sdhc turbo ultra gold edition glows in the dark" cheap ass cards got their updates a long time ago.

sry for sounding rude.

Firipu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
g.crow said:
Zorua said:

i know, but the developers should be aware of the different hardware revisions and different updates needed, even i as a customer am.

the had a lot of time to get things running, even those fake "r4i sdhc turbo ultra gold edition glows in the dark" cheap ass cards got their updates a long time ago.

sry for sounding rude.

I kinda agree with you, but I kinda don't
smile.gif

My card is also f**ked for the moment. But that's the risk you take by installing stuff as soon as it's available. The fact that the download link gave a 404 error almost immediatly after it came online should have been a very obvious hint not to use it yet
smile.gif

I'm sure they'll come out with a fix for our HW:44 versions eventually. If we reflash our cards in a DS lite, I'm sure they'll be fine. And if not, ah well, though luck, we enjoyed our flashcards for quite a while. Nothing we can do about it anyway
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious