Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YOSHI462 said:
I foud a way to make it work:

-dl ak2ifw_update_3ds_v1.nds
-put it on the micro sd
- used my phat to launch the file and update (had no error: 100% and powered off the phat)

after that the flashcard wasn't working anymore. The icon had become the japanese weird thing and when trying to launch it i just got a black screen.

So i erased everything from the micro sd (only firmware related, not the games, including the ak2ifw_update_3ds_v1.nds) and installed the new akaio firmware.

Now it's working on my 3DS
smile.gif

Still black screen problem here, even tried to format sd card

Firipu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
funem said:
Firipu said:
Just tried the update.

On my Jap 3DS the card really shows up as an AK2i... With the logo and everything.

It doesn't actually boot though, the DS gives an error message and I have to reboot it.

The AK2i also shows up in my activity log sadly enough. Haven't found a way to remove it. (without resetting my entire 3DS)
frown.gif

Time to try to reformat the card entirely.

Go to your activity log, then select software libary. Tap the AK2i icon then the bin icon in the bottom right corner then select yes and then delete. That should remove it

Yup, it removes it from the software log. But it says it can't remove it from your ???????(daily activity log in English?).

So it's gone from my software log, but it's still in my daily use log for the day
frown.gif

YOSHI462

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Did also erased ak2ifw_update_3ds_v1.nds (maybe i wasn't clear)

If it still doesn't work, it's weird, i did it and managed to make it work
tongue.gif

Mr. Momo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
YOSHI462 said:
I foud a way to make it work:

-dl ak2ifw_update_3ds_v1.nds
-put it on the micro sd
- used my phat to launch the file and update (had no error: 100% and powered off the phat)

after that the flashcard wasn't working anymore. The icon had become the japanese weird thing and when trying to launch it i just got a black screen.

So i erased everything from the micro sd (only firmware related, not the games, including the ak2ifw_update_3ds_v1.nds) and installed the new akaio firmware.

Now it's working on my 3DS
smile.gif

I used http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw..._3ds_v1_DSi.nds to update my acekard 2i with my DSi. Then i just tried it on my 3DS and it worked. i have tried Okamiden and Pokemon Black so far and they launch just fine.

D

Deleted User

Yeah, I updated the Acekard 2i with the "DSi" 3DS update, but on a Lite.

It works perfectly. I did what the guy said to do before trying to launch it - erase the _aio file and akmenu4.nds file and the updater file and replacing the firmware. Games run fine. Cheers Yoshi (Y)

Posts merged

tj445 said:
Sorry but could anyone upload the update for DS phat and DSL if they have them?
Don't worry about it man, just use the DSi one, it works fine as long as you delete the firmware files (the updater file and the _aio folder and the akmenu4.nds file) after and replace with the latest AKAIO
wink.gif

YOSHI462

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
Yeah, I updated the Acekard 2i with the "DSi" 3DS update, but on a Lite.

It works perfectly. I did what the guy said to do before trying to launch it - erase the _aio file and akmenu4.nds file and the updater file and replacing the firmware. Games run fine. Cheers Yoshi (Y)

Posts merged

tj445 said:
Sorry but could anyone upload the update for DS phat and DSL if they have them?
Don't worry about it man, just use the DSi one, it works fine as long as you delete the firmware files (the updater file and the _aio folder and the akmenu4.nds file) after and replace with the latest AKAIO
wink.gif

Somehow it is important to delete it and not replace it with the new one

Firipu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Strange.

I updated my flashcard on my DSi. 100% complete, no errors. Then it stopped working. So I formatted my microSD and put the newest firmware on it. Same errormessage nonetheless.

Does the card also show up as a Japanese game on your DSi, but the AK2i on your 3DS?

jabato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Firipu said:
Strange.

I updated my flashcard on my DSi. 100% complete, no errors. Then it stopped working. So I formatted my microSD and put the newest firmware on it. Same errormessage nonetheless.

Does the card also show up as a Japanese game on your DSi, but the AK2i on your 3DS?

Same problem here

YOSHI462

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firipu said:
Strange.

I never got an error message, all I had was a black screen. Got the japanese msg on 3DS as well.

D

Deleted User

I have an idea... what if this supposed "DSi" updater file is actually the DS Lite one... would explain why those of us with Lites/Phats are updating fine but you lot who use DSis aren't.

jabato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Firipu said:
That would kinda suck, cause there's no way to get in the AK2i OS anymore to reflash it
smile.gif
I think reflashing it in dslite with OLD firmware should work. I dont think its a bad flash problem, its just it doesnt work in some PAL consoles(maybe acekard HW id), mine is 44.

Firipu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jabato said:
I think reflashing it in dslite with OLD firmware should work. I dont think its a bad flash problem, its just it doesnt work in some PAL consoles(maybe acekard HW id), mine is 44.

I tried putting it in my old DS lite.

Can get in the menu on my DSlite. Will try to flash it again.

edit:

Flashed it again on DSlite. No problems during the flashing. Card still works perfectly on DSlite.

Still doesn't work on DSi or 3DS. Tried to format the MicroSD card hoping to solve it. No change, still doesn't work. Trying a different MicroSD card now, but I doubt it'll change anything.

There's probably a reason they pulled the firmware of their site so fast xD. Guess I should've waited a few more days
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!