Acekard 2 with DS Lite didn't work

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Gheta, Sep 21, 2009.

Sep 21, 2009
  1. Gheta
    OP

Newcomer Gheta Newbie

United States
    Hey guys. I bought a used onyx DS Lite from Play n Trade and never even bought a game afterwords. I got the system just to get Acekard 2 to play games.

My problem is, that the card doesn't even show up. It says "There is no DS card inserted."

I tried AKAIO firmware and a loader. (folder and file in the root)
    I tried the official firmware. (folder and file in the root)
    I tried formatting the 8gb Sandisk MicroSD with the Panasonic formatter.
    I tried renaming folders, putting games in the root, folders and sub-folders.
    I tried putting different sizes of paper wedges between the chip and the back of the cartridge to make the gold bars stick out a little farther.
    I thought maybe games didn't work in general and it was the used DS Lite's problem, but I went back to Play n Trade and a few of their games worked.
    I bought the Acekard from DealExtreme.
    I have advanced knowledge in computers and a degree in it, I have knowledge in using roms and isos for many emulators, consoles and games - so I don't believe I did anything dumb.

Sending it back to DealExtreme is too much as it is on the other side of the planet and will take around 20-24 days to get a new one, plus I am getting a new job, so I'm kind of low on money - I'm really hoping to get this card working. I've been excited for the last few weeks to get this thing to work, any ideas?

2. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    i would contact acekard erg today i prdered an acekard 2i for deal extream and now im seeing problema with everybodys acekard and there from dx

3. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    It seems to me you have a defunct cart, most likely the bootloader is corrupted or something worse. If you happen to have an Ak2i (the DSi version), it is possible to reflash the bootloader, however if you have the regular Ak2.1, then you will have to ask for a replacement.

4. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    Acekard has a problem with the contacts sometimes you have to keep putting it back in over and over to get it to show up if that doesnt work try to clean it with rubbing alcohol.

Edit:i ordered all my Acekard2i's from Gamezway it takes a little longer but i didnt mind and they all work fine.

5. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    when you get the acekard dose it already have the firmware?

6. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    Yes, but it won't work with DSi 1.4.

7. Gheta
    OP

Newcomer Gheta Newbie

United States
    It is the 2.1 not 2i. I tried cleaning it with a dry cue tip and blowing in slot-1. I've tried taking it out and putting it in loads of times.

Since the DS is used, could the error be possibly from slightly bent pins in slot-1 - to where it would work still for all normal games but not the Acekard 2.1?

I will try cleaning it with a wet cue tip in rubbing alcohol next.

8. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Ask a friend if they have a retail game. And try if it works if it doesn't its your DS.

9. Chaosruler

Member Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    I had the same problem you are having right now with the same hardware, actually we were both on the same shoes (high knowladge about computers, seemignly tried anything not dumb)
    your bootloader, I bet, is fine, just try for 30 minutes to reinsert and activate the ds again, I bet the acekard got feeling of its own... "I don`t wanna work today boss"
    `nways, if you got a defective cart, obviously dealextereme owns you a new one

10. nadoon

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    Well, I got my acekard2i five days ago from DX. It seems to work fine. But I got the 2i . Try sending it to a work shop for repairs if it's cheaper than getting an acekard2i. I actually never had an ak2 just the ak2i. Just complain to dealextreme and they can't charge you for shipping if it's their fault.

11. Chaosruler

Member Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    wrong, they can charge you for shipping, but they must repay his losses in any possible way they can in 30 days
    international shpping rules.

12. Gheta
    OP

Newcomer Gheta Newbie

United States
    Plus I have to pay for shipping to return it to them in the first place. Then it'll take around 12 days to get there. That is all before even getting a new one after another 12 days. I tried other retail cartridges and they worked.