Hacking Acekard 2 + Juiced 2

mach-9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For new super mario bros: turn off soft reset option for the rom by pressing "Y" on rom, then "Y" again and disable soft reset

Also works for Children of Mana, but dont know about juiced 2

mirage85

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This looks like a fairly old post... So I'm sure this issue was resolved... Also, I found a buglist section of gbatemp for the AK2, and it states that this problem has been fixed in the latest build (that comment was posted March 2009). I have since downloaded 141Proper, and it still doesn't work for me...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

mirage85

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, I've been through the wiki now... (Thanks for that page name btw... Somehow, I hadn't found that page before... VERY informative & useful!
biggrin.gif
)

Updated my loader and cheats file... No change.

Tried all three loading methods (DMA on off quick, etc [blue/red/green "Loading" text])
- both green and blue text resulted in the same dual-black screen freeze.
- red text made it freeze even earlier... (while creating the save file, instead of immediatley after)

"Patches" I assume are what is found under the ROM settings in properties...?
I turned everything I could off (download play, rumble, soft reset, cheats, etc) and low and behold, it worked with a regular load (single "A" button press, no DMA mode selection.)

So, for anyone else having trouble with Juiced 2 - Hot Import Nights, turn off all the "Patches" and it should work. Hooray.

EDIT - Interestingly enough, once the save file has been created and you've played a race, seems as though you can go back to the ROM Patches and switch them all back to Default/On if you like, and the game will continue to run. (Just FYI, if you wanted rumble, download play, etc (I'm actually not sure if any of those options are even available in Juiced 2, but anyways...)

(BTW, totally off topic, but I noticed you can change icons for .nds apps, etc... Is there any way to change the default Folder Icons?? And also, is there any way to set a specific default directory? (I want the card to auto-open the SDCard, instead of asking me Slot 1 or Slot 2 at the begining. I'm not interested in the "autobootlastdir" option..)

Thanks.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if you don't load anything akaio will boot to the main screen.
if you load something it loads to the last directory you were in, except for gba games (but this should get fixed soon).
if you load something but add enterLastDirWhenBoot = 0 to globalsettings.ini akaio will always boot to the main screen.

there is no way to change the internal gui (non-skinable) items, such as folders.

-another world

klopfdreh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you all for that hints, about disabling cheats and the softreset function. If I'm going to have some troubles I will do this first!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton