Acekard 2 + Juiced 2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by nitrodude150, May 1, 2008.

May 1, 2008

Acekard 2 + Juiced 2 by nitrodude150 at 1:23 AM (1,518 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. nitrodude150
    OP

Member nitrodude150 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Seriously, it just black screens after the menu.......

2. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    Yup, goes black on mine after the menu, too.(Bliss menu, sandisk 2g)

I hope they get these bugs ironed out soonly

edit...tried official firmware and got same results

3. nitrodude150
    OP

United States
    Also, i just had that same problem with new super mario bros, which happens to work FINE on my supercard sd......

4. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
  5. nitrodude150
    OP

United States
    oh sweet, ty

6. mach-9

Newcomer mach-9 Newbie

United States
    For new super mario bros: turn off soft reset option for the rom by pressing "Y" on rom, then "Y" again and disable soft reset

Also works for Children of Mana, but dont know about juiced 2

7. juicemousezero

Newcomer juicemousezero Member

United States
    New super mario bros runs fine for me.. I dont remember having to do anything special.

8. mirage85

Newcomer mirage85 Newbie

Canada
    This looks like a fairly old post... So I'm sure this issue was resolved... Also, I found a buglist section of gbatemp for the AK2, and it states that this problem has been fixed in the latest build (that comment was posted March 2009). I have since downloaded 141Proper, and it still doesn't work for me...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers.

9. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    try it with patches on/off. try it with different dma modes. make sure your loaders are updated. read the akaio wiki for more information on those 3 suggestions.

-another world

10. mirage85

Newcomer mirage85 Newbie

Canada
    Alright, I've been through the wiki now... (Thanks for that page name btw... Somehow, I hadn't found that page before... VERY informative & useful! [​IMG])

Updated my loader and cheats file... No change.

Tried all three loading methods (DMA on off quick, etc [blue/red/green "Loading" text])
    - both green and blue text resulted in the same dual-black screen freeze.
    - red text made it freeze even earlier... (while creating the save file, instead of immediatley after)

"Patches" I assume are what is found under the ROM settings in properties...?
    I turned everything I could off (download play, rumble, soft reset, cheats, etc) and low and behold, it worked with a regular load (single "A" button press, no DMA mode selection.)

So, for anyone else having trouble with Juiced 2 - Hot Import Nights, turn off all the "Patches" and it should work. Hooray.

EDIT - Interestingly enough, once the save file has been created and you've played a race, seems as though you can go back to the ROM Patches and switch them all back to Default/On if you like, and the game will continue to run. (Just FYI, if you wanted rumble, download play, etc (I'm actually not sure if any of those options are even available in Juiced 2, but anyways...)

(BTW, totally off topic, but I noticed you can change icons for .nds apps, etc... Is there any way to change the default Folder Icons?? And also, is there any way to set a specific default directory? (I want the card to auto-open the SDCard, instead of asking me Slot 1 or Slot 2 at the begining. I'm not interested in the "autobootlastdir" option..)

Thanks.

11. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    if you don't load anything akaio will boot to the main screen.
    if you load something it loads to the last directory you were in, except for gba games (but this should get fixed soon).
    if you load something but add enterLastDirWhenBoot = 0 to globalsettings.ini akaio will always boot to the main screen.

there is no way to change the internal gui (non-skinable) items, such as folders.

-another world

12. klopfdreh

Member klopfdreh GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Thank you all for that hints, about disabling cheats and the softreset function. If I'm going to have some troubles I will do this first!