DSdonkey77

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I have an Acekard 2.1 (not 2i) with Akaio 1.8.6. Most of the time it euns perfectly, but every once in a while it will randomly freeze. This happens maybe every 8 hours of playing or so. Any ideas why this may be? I have a 8gb class 4 micro sd which was formatted using the sd formatter.

Thanks a lot

DSdonkey77

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It happens with any rom, it has with Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon Black and White (Both), the new Pokemon Ranger, and a couple other games. I have tried alternate versions of Platinum and it doesn't help, so I don't think it's the dump.

Thanks

DSdonkey77

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I already tried all the contact things, they didn't help, I don't think it's a contact issue also because it always boots and there are days at a time without a problem. I have also reformatted my microsd.

DSdonkey77

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It has nothing to do with shacking it (it happens when I hold it still, I am very stationairy
tongue.gif
) and it doesn't feel hot at all. One thing, In the pokemon games it usually happens when a battle starts or ends. I am stumped at why it happens.
unsure.gif

AfroThunder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem, I tried everything including buying a new Acekard... and it didn't help.

Guess what was my problem?

It was my DS. ._.

If you could try it on a different DS if you could and see if it's that.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It can be a sign of age, over-use.

I've had to replace my old Acekard 2i in the past because the overall build quality decayed a bit over time, doing the paper under the contacts trick helped but only so far.
I'm beginning to suspect my DSTwo is going through the same problem, my Pokémon Black has frozen a handful of times now in very rare situations. Only about twice though.

DSdonkey77

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RupeeClock said:
It can be a sign of age, over-use.

I've had to replace my old Acekard 2i in the past because the overall build quality decayed a bit over time, doing the paper under the contacts trick helped but only so far.
I'm beginning to suspect my DSTwo is going through the same problem, my Pokémon Black has frozen a handful of times now in very rare situations. Only about twice though.
The Acekard is only a month old, and it has frozen on two different ds lites, I think it may have been fixed though, as it hasn't forze after I started this topic, even after heavy play!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: First she gets the clap, then I get the slap? +1