Hacking Acekard 2 FAQ

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah the FAQ, i've noticed a majority of the threads being posted with basic questions like "HOW TO USE CHEATSSS?" or "WTF IS THIS???? ACEKARD 2 IS SUXOR" and people not doing much research at all. so here it is, this is assuming you know the basics of flashcard though, this is for general problems with the cart.

====================================================================

FAQ

1. What's the best microsd?
2. What Menu should I use?
3. WHERE ARE THE OPTIONS?
4. How do I use cheats?
5. WTH????? WHY CAN'T I PLAY SUPER MARIO DS MINIGAMES????? ( Some games don't work?)
6. HOW TO SOFT REST? IT DOESN'T SAY HOW ANYWHERE??!??!?!??!
7. is it worth the buy?
8. Processing.... DO NOT POWER OFF

=====================================================================

1. Whats the Best MicroSD card?

Well most people would say a class 6 card. Personally i would say the A-data 4gb card which you can purchase here
A-data 4gb Class6 TURBO

2. What Menu should I use?

At the moment there is a small collection of menu's which you can use on the acekard. the Official Menu, Bliss's OS menu and YSmenu. The best one at this point in time is most likely Bliss's OS menu which has the most goodies. The only difference that Bliss's menu has over the Official menu is just general user-friendliness and some added goodies. However this soon may change with the upcoming release of AKBBS 2.0 or AKAIO. Just wait and see

3. WHERE ARE THE OPTIONS?

Well the best place to start is the "start" button on the bottom screen. From here you can

Copy/Cut/Paste
Access game patches (Soft rest, Download and play, Cheats e.t.c)
View System options (Skins, Language, Brightness, Rom Trimming and many other things)
View File properties (view file size, type e.t.c)
Help function (general controls of the menu and a power off button)

You can Also change the brightness of the screen by Pressing the Right Trigger and go back in the browser by pressing the Left Trigger. Y will show the properties of the file and X will show the cheats for that game if you have loaded a cheat DB.

4. How do I use cheats?

To start off with using cheats we have to be sure of one thing first. Do you have a Cheat database loaded? to do this we gotta do these few things.

Access the start menu and go to the patches screen
Go down to Cheat/Action Replay and scroll it to Enabled if it isn't already
Then select a Cheat DB file

If you do not have a cheat DB file, download a Cheat db from Narin, which is located here
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=84991

Download the .dat or .xml either way works. Place the file in ak2/cheats on your microsd card.

From here cancel out of the options and go to the desired game you want to cheat on and press X. a menu should pop up showing the possible cheats you can use.

From the Acekard website
1, Press "Y" to popup the editor.
2, Select "Cheat DB file".
3, Select the cheat file.
4, Select "Rebuild".
5, If you have the cheat code of the game then a list window will be shown. You can use "X" and "Y" to enable or disable them.
6, Press "A" to save your changes and enter game for fun.

5.WTH????? WHY CAN'T I PLAY SUPER MARIO DS MINIGAMES?????
( Some games don't work?)

This is probably due toe amount of patches you have on, try turning all of them off. Main culprit i believe is Soft Reset and Download and Play.

6. HOW TO SOFT REST? IT DOESN'T SAY HOW ANYWHERE??!??!?!??!

After Enabling it in the patches menu the combination is

A+B+R+L+DOWN

Just note some games won't work with this on but whats a few extra seconds to turn the ds off and turn it back on?

7. is it worth the buy?

Hell yes, the AK2 is a extremely good budget card. Offers almost everything (Hopefully Soon to be RTS, Ingame Menu and Ingame Guide!) at the price of $23 US

8. Processing.... DO NOT POWER OFF

some people are getting the problem where any games wouldn't load at all including homebrew. This is due to the last bad batch, advice from acekard is to contact the seller and see if you can get a replacement.

================================================================================
================

Pretty much it for now. any other questions that need to be answered feel free to reply.

albert7777

Trophies
XP
Country
I set autorun on one of the games and it's stuck there, as soon as I click the acekard symbol it runs only this game how do i fix it? thanks in advance

Posts merged

I set autorun on one of the games and it's stuck there, as soon as I click the acekard symbol it runs only this game how do i fix it? thanks in advance

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
@albert7777, this is from the ever useful (and up-to date =P) AKAIO wiki.

Code:
Autorun will run the last loaded .NDS file as soon as the AK boots to the AKAIO firmware. hold down B at startup to cancel autorun. It can be set to Disabled or Enabled.

edit:
wow, i just noticed what an ancient thread you've resurrected. that FAQ is way outdated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*