Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
monaug5 said:
And can I count on GBATEMP to be reviewing this flash card before the "rest"
Probably not before the rest unfortunately, but Urza is getting a sample for review, so he should enlighten us on how the card is
smile.gif

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Closed Source, uses AK RPG skins, and basically I believe it'll have the features we've all helped throw into the current RPG OS.

It's the "consumer model" RPG, basically. One can assume so long as the changes in the source are minor (libfat initialization, some mainlist routines) the AK2 will see updates modeling those developers are putting into the RPG.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Seraph said:
I was just talking about some of the features that the RPG has because of it being opensource, and saying its loader is almost exactly the same. I didn't actually say/think it was opensource or it was the exact same loader...
That made no sense at all.
I don't see why it doesn't make any sense at all, maybe one part because I think I forgot a word(lack of sleep). But I guess Smiths stated it better...

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, seems nice but I would still rather just pay the extra $30 and get the open source goodness, 1gig of NAND which kind of eliminates the "no slowdowns on any SD" feature since you can put problematic games on the NAND, and the still kick ass shell of the AK RPG. I am still happy with my buy. Now, all that would be perfect would be 100% download play please!!

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rankio said:
$60 isn't exactly a low price.
If you're referring to the Canadian store currently selling pre-orders, electronics are more expensive up there, so it makes sense.

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Someone said they will make a price cut for the market in china, AKRPG open source for developer bug fix, then AK2 come out, no nand flash, on hand kernel make the cost much more lower.

qwertyasdf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rankio said:

Except shipping is free in the $60, so the price isn't that bad. Most stores charge $10 for shipping so its like $50+shipping. Same price as what the R4s, Supercards, and others went for, which I think is a fair price. Plus they're offering $5 off if you pre-order, bringing the price down even more.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qwertyasdf said:
Rankio said:

Except shipping is free in the $60, so the price isn't that bad. Most stores charge $10 for shipping so its like $50+shipping. Same price as what the R4s, Supercards, and others went for, which I think is a fair price. Plus they're offering $5 off if you pre-order, bringing the price down even more.
Supercard DS ONE, EDGE, and DSTT tend to sell for about 30-40USD shipped.

Save your bullshit.

qwertyasdf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Urza said:
qwertyasdf said:
Rankio said:

Supercard DS ONE, EDGE, and DSTT tend to sell for about 30-40USD shipped.

Save your bullshit.

AceKard is at a totally different level. It's at the CycloDS level. They definitely do NOT go for $30-40US shipped.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qwertyasdf said:
AceKard is at a totally different level. It's at the CycloDS level. They definitely do NOT go for $30-40US shipped.
qwertyasdfSame price as what the R4s, Supercards, and others went for

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Rankio said:
If you're referring to the Canadian store currently selling pre-orders, electronics are more expensive up there, so it makes sense.

I saw it was a Canadian store and went to convert the amount...our dollar is going to shit.

60 CAD = 60.4 US

adamrgolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theclaw said:
This is getting out of hand. Another day, yet more flash cart models.

I'm not sure what you are complaining about. As long as the DS is popular there will always be those trying to make (more) money off of it. If this stops, then it probably means they don't think they will make money on sales and possibly that the DS is losing popularity.

I guess my point is, choices are not bad and you should be happy that the DS is so successful.

nickvv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
qwertyasdf said:
How is AceKard at the CycloDS level? Its missing all the features that make CycloDS great including the ingame menu and 100% download play. Even EDGE is closer to CycloDS than this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a huge loss? Lol