Hacking Acekard 2 + AKAIO, Games not seeing saves...

Waganga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I'm having an issue that I just cannot seem to get around. I'll try my best to explain it. I am using a DS lite, an Acekard 2 and the akAIO loader with all the most recent updates.

A few days ago, I started playing Atelier Annie. The game started up and ran with absolutely no issue. Saving was quick and smooth. However, I shut my system off. When I loaded the game back up again, it began by telling me that there were no saves present. In the aiKAO screen, I can see the Atelier Annie .rom and the Atelier Annie .sav, so they are definitely there. But, the game doesn't recognize them!

This same issue has happened with Ragnarok Online DS and Digimon Worlds.

I am very confused and cannot figure out how to fix this issue.

Any ideas?

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
Either you have changed the default settings to use .nds.sav instead of .sav

Or you maybe changed to another saveslot (press Y on the rom and change saveslot to default).

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Buy it in the last couple of month by chance? There's been either a defective batch or clones floating around that have save issues like this.

Waganga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did buy it in the past couple months from Realhotstuff.com...

However, the saving and loading worked perfectly fine before. It simply stopped all of a sudden. If it were defective, or a fake, wouldn't it simply have not worked from the start?

Kronusdark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you looked in other thread you will see that you are not alone. alot of people who have bought AK2's recently have had problems with save files. It doesnt seem that anyone knows if its just a new version of the hardware that can be fixed in a new firmware update or if its a defect that cannot be fixed. the workaround is to try an older official firmware version. Good Luck!

Waganga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just confused because the problem developed over time and defects usually show up immediately.

Thus far I have tried:
-Reinstalling AKAIO 1.5
-Took it apart to check for signs of being a clone - found none
-Deleted some games to make a bit more space
-Tried AKAIO 1.4 with updated loaders
-Tried most recent official Acekard firmware

None of these things worked for me. I really, really don't want to have to go spend another $20-$30 on this as money is very right right now.

Please, can anyone else offer more ideas or advice on this? I am willing to try anything that makes sense.

bchan009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had this problem with my Acekard 2 as well.

Use AKAIO v1.2. Any version later than this will cause your saves to not work properly. I'm not sure why it works, but this is the answer to your problem. I myself am using AKAIO 1.2 until I get my Acekard2i in the mail.

Make sure to use the latest loaders when running AKAIO 1.2. So far I can play and save games just fine with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro