Hacking Acekard 2 & 3-in-1

FDDIcent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
So I purchased an Acekard 2, and an EZFlash 3-in-1. Worked flawlessly. Then I managed to lose the 3-in-1. So I ordered another one, this one is "ezflash V 3-in-1", I believe it's a slightly difference version. GBA games wont load, if I try to select Slot-2, it says there's nothing in slot 2.

Am I out of luck? Should I buy a particular rev of the 3-in-1?

Thanks,

FDDI

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mhm... Pictures please.

Pictures of the current one you bought. Curious what it looks like...

Mine works flawlessly... I wonder what could the problem of yours. One more thing, where did you order this EZ-Flash of yours?

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you have bought the EZ 3in1 recently, it is the EZ 3 in 1 PLUS. This version has 64 MB of Nor instead of 32 I believe. the only thing compatible as of now is the newest version of GBA EXPLoader. There will probably be a new version of the AK firmware(AKAIO?) that will support it soon(If it's not supported yet).

What's funny is that this is pretty much exact thing I just said in a previous topic.

Diosoth said:
The EZ-Flash V kits sometimes come bundled with the 3-in-1, but it looks to be the same thing.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1893

I odn't think there's a separate "EZ-Flash V" model of the 3-in-1 sold on its own.

The ones sold with the EZVs are the same as the ones sold by themselves. Unless you mean they don't sell 3in1s by itself, but they do.

FDDIcent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Ok this is weird. I loaded the lasted AKAIO, still no dice. I looked it up, the first card I ordered was a 3in1 from kick gaming, in their pic, they show it as a V. Just like RHS.

I recall when I put it in, it worked perfectly. I could just access a GBA rom, it loaded right off the SD card. Perfect. Then I go and stupidly lose it. So maybe this new one is an 3in1+?

One question I have, I just put the new akmenu nds file in the root of the sd card right? Because it still shows '2007' on the display. Want to be sure I can determine the card version.

Also, I didnt have to do it before but maybe is there a utility to flash/format the 3in1 that can be used with the AK? Right now, if I go to the top directory and try to select it, it says no slot 2 card. Maybe its just a defective card? I just don't want to order another one and have the same thing happen if it's a software/version issue. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you kindly

FDDI

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I made a visual comparison guide so people can find out what version of the 3in1 they got. The latest hardware version makes it incompatible with current software, so it might not be that you have defective card but an unsupported card, in which case you just need to get the current software that supports the new hardware.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130659

FDDIcent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Ok, thanks how. Interesting, it's a dark blue PCB but the chip lay out looks a bit different, though I havent opened it yet.

When I have more time this weekend I'll see if I can get it loading with the new loader and maybe take some PCB pics.

thx

FDDI

Phlaude

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FDDIcent said:
Ok, thanks how. Interesting, it's a dark blue PCB but the chip lay out looks a bit different, though I havent opened it yet.
It looks different because you're looking at the bottom of the PCB. The pics on that page show the top side of the PCB and it can't be seen without taking the cart apart. Anyway, I'm in the same situation as you. I bought a 3in1 from DX and my Acekard2 says there's nothing in Slot-2 when I try to use it. I looked inside the cart with a flashlight and saw the dark blue PCB. Then I opened the cart and sure enough, I have the 3in1+. Chances are you have the same one as me. You should probably try using Exploader .58b or higher for now, until there's more support for this cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all