Hacking Acekard 2.1 freezes when writing .sav file

masbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey all,
can someone pls sum up what we can do with those cards at this moment? Got an AK2 for a friend 2 weeks ago from DX and thought it was defective until now. Is there a previous version of official or AKAIO that works, and if yes, which one is the one to use? I understand newest games will not play but at least we can enjoy some thousands from older ones until a solution appears.

Thanks

By PoLOr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, to sum it up I went back one version of the official firmware I think its called version 4.07a15. This allows everything to work properly, but like you said a few newer games wont work. Most notably Bowsers inside story and, Zelda spirit track, and GTA chinatown wars.

masbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
kk thanks, I'll try the one you said until a solution appears. No use going on IRC and busting the balls of people working for free for our enjoyment.

Edit: tested and works fine on some older games. Let's wait and see what happens...

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right, DX are sending me out a replacement without me sending the old one back. Hopefully this one works.

The first email I got off them said "Please check our forums", so I responded back and said that there was a work-around for the defective cards, but I bought the card to play the latest software and I got an email this morning to say they are shipping the new one out.

Good (if slow) service from them I gotta say

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
masbass said:
but, are they defective or just new and unsupported? If the latter is true you'll get just another unsupported card...

Some other guy on here got a replacement that worked with AKAIO 1.5.1, but you need to create the save files yourself.

Meh, worst case scenario, I have 2 broken cards and they'll probably let me pay the difference for a 2i or another card.

ropesnake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cogitech said:
Sorry. Really. It's just that I am a dick, by nature. I have an extremely low tolerance for stupidity of any sort, a hair trigger temper, and a foul mouth. Please don't take it personally.

A big part of why I am still hanging around here being a pain in the ass is because I was initially treated like shit when I raised this AK issue. The people who tried to "help" could only point the finger at me, assuming I was some fucking simpleton (granted there is a LOT of that around here). Well, I'm going to beat this dead horse till it's powder. If even just one person out there avoids buying a shitty AK 2.1, it'll be all worth it.

http://www.thebackalleys.com/ok/public/51B...llbeworthit.mp3

By PoLOr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hasney, Thanx for that bit of info. I have yet to reply to the response I got from DX customer support after i put in a RMA request. I figured they were just blowing me off, but now i will try to put it similar to the way you did and see what happens. Hopefully we get some working Cards!!! I will post my results.

By PoLOr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no new "fix" I'm just waiting to see if a newer version of the firmware will work. However I'm pretty sure DX will send you a replacement without requesting you send back the defective unit. Thats what they did for Hasney and I just received a response from my RMA request that they were doing the same for me! Great customer service over there. I'm pretty happy about it. hopefull they have singled out the defective batch and are sending out ones that actually work. If not oh well I'll just have two cards that support older games.

tennisthehilife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone add me to the list,

Received my Acekard 2.1 two days ago, game freezing after title screens and such.
My previous Acekard 2.1 bought last summer works great.

adder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the response I got from focalprice

Code:
Dear customer,

The engineer said the game could be download, please kindly try again. Or take it to repair.
Sincerely yours’

Good job some of you guys bought it from DX

What the acekard have to say about this? Is it a faulty batch or not?

dolemite01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same issue, purchased from Real Hot Sales
old old Acekard firmware will allow old old games to work but nothing new will.
RHS hasn't responded to emails.

dolemite01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Avoid RHS in the future, what a complete joke. They refuse to replace the card with another one, in order to even talk about replacement I have to purchase another card and then send the defective one back, once they receive the defective one back they will credit my card. Not paying two times over for the chance at another defective card. Avoid, hopefully acekard/normatt will find a solution.

whacko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having this exact problem, both Phantom Hourglass and Yugi-oh WC 2009 stall the moment anything save related comes up. I ordered this card the first week of January and I received it last thursday. I am also running AKAIO 1.5.1 and using a 1GB sandisk card(formatted with the Panasonic thingy)

So what's the current consensus? Is this a bad bunch or a clone?

Assuming this is a clone will the akaio team still attempt to solve the problem? Or should we all just go ahead and look for another card?

Finally, any quick/hacky fixes to this?

Thanks in advance to norm(who seems to be working on it), I make it a point to appreciate the effort of people who do these kinds of things without any real obligation.
smile.gif

P.S. I ordered from dealxtreme and the card came in a small white packaging. The sticker also seems a bit lopsided, but I may just be paranoid at this point. lol

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dolemite01 said:

I bought a Acekard 2i from RHS, it arrived and works wonderful (I have AKAIO 1.5 and not 1.5.1 - I just dont feel like upgrading)

But since this is a topic about saves...all the famous games they save alright...but lesser know games...they wont even LOAD...should I change the SAVE type for them?

dolemite01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rody2k6 said:
dolemite01 said:

I bought a Acekard 2i from RHS, it arrived and works wonderful (I have AKAIO 1.5 and not 1.5.1 - I just dont feel like upgrading)

But since this is a topic about saves...all the famous games they save alright...but lesser know games...they wont even LOAD...should I change the SAVE type for them?
Moreover its about Acekard 2s not 2is, so yes your card would work.

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pff. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy me a 2i then.

Also, has any one tried buying from 0Shipping Zone?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum