Hacking acekad 2i stoped loading

ray11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my acekard 2i stoped working all the sudden i was playing Professor Layton And The Diabolical Box and then froze so i rebooted the dsi and tryed to start up acekard 2i and just freezes at loading screen. the booting of the acekard 2i . i tred formatting the micro sd card tryed others and still same problem . i am using official ak2i menu the lastest version. i did change the skin earlyer but had no problems i dont think it could be that . any idea why this happen and how could i fix this? thanks

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Looks like a typical case of contact issue. Most likely you have touched the cart while in operation and the game froze. I recommend you clean up the contacts with a soft cloth and then try to reinsert the cart a few times. If it doesn't work put a piece of thin cardboard on Ak2i sticker and then insert both into the slot, this should give your kard a firmer grip.

Also you should use AKAIO kernel...

ray11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tryed this. still not happening keeps freezing at acekard boot loading screen. possible this game broke my acekard? it just freezes when i try to start my acekard 2i and freezes when it says loading . so i dont know what happened. all i know is i was playing that game . and it froze while doing a puzzle. i wasnt even holding my dsi it just froze. and now my acekard just goes to the boot loading screen and just sits there couse it froze.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Could be a number of things. Backup everything you want to keep, do another full format, and put a clean copy of AKAIO on (don't put any of your old files on yet, including themes etc) and tell us what happens.

ray11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I tried regular game carts work fine. I redownloaded akaio and put the files on the microsd card and I did reformat the card . It's just like nothing works. I even tryed it with no microsd card in it.. It didn't even say missing file system. It freezes at that same spot. I don't think it can be dsi contact points couse real ds games work perfect. I did clean ak2i contact points and used a thin piece of cardboard but same thing. I start ak2i then shows the loading screen and does no more it freezes.

I would really hate to buy a new ak2i. Just couse a game broke my ak2i.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
ray11 said:
Yes I tried regular game carts work fine. I redownloaded akaio and put the files on the microsd card and I did reformat the card . It's just like nothing works. I even tryed it with no microsd card in it.. It didn't even say missing file system. It freezes at that same spot. I don't think it can be dsi contact points couse real ds games work perfect. I did clean ak2i contact points and used a thin piece of cardboard but same thing. I start ak2i then shows the loading screen and does no more it freezes.

I would really hate to buy a new ak2i. Just couse a game broke my ak2i.
There's a 1 year warranty. Contact your retailer or Team Acekard for a replacement. I can't think what else might be wrong with it
unsure.gif

ray11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Thanks I'll contact them and see if there's a warranty. It was realhotstuff I bought mine from. So I hope so.

ray11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i seen that realhotstuff only offeres 90 day warranty on all flashcarts i bought this cart back in april so all i can do now is contact the manufacture of it anyone know the email of them? is it [email protected] or what .. thanks

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
RHS should replace it because they should (in theory) be able to get a replacement from acekard. however, acekard has changed their policy on wholesale to english speaking customers. your best bet is probably to hit up the acekard gmail, but i would approach rhs about it first. mention that acekards have a 1yr warranty.

-another world

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the Acekard 2i giving some problems, NOT the Acekard 2 which I have. Now, that cart runs perfectly as for as I know. Don't know about you DSi users though..should downgrade back to a Lite IMHO.

Try these steps I compiled maybe they can help you.

How To Troubleshoot Your Flashcart:

STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own. Always use the "Add/Remove Hardware Safely" function before removing the reader.
STEP 2: Check your microSD card for smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 3: Check your Flashcart for any abrasions or smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 4: Possibly, your Flashcart is not making perfect contact the DS. Try the "Paper Shim Trick" to close the gap and make the space tighter.
STEP 5: Copy all of your games and saves off your microsd card to your computer (BACKUP). Download the latest "Panasonic SD Formatter" and do a full format with this application. Install the latest firmware again from a different/reliable site. Then add on your games and saves to the newly formatted card.
STEP 6: If the latest firmware doesn't work sometimes downgraded firmwares can achieve working results. Try downgrading, if it doesn't resolve just go back up to the latest firmware again.
STEP 7: There are times where the official firmware for your specific cart isn't up to par with the alternatives created. Try a legit alternative firmware for your flashcart. eg, (DSTT/R4 -->YSMENU), (Acekard--->AKAIO), (M3 DS Real---> Sakura) so forth..
STEP 8: If you're using cheats maybe they are faulty. Get rid of them and get them from a reliable source.
Or just dont put them on period.
STEP 9: Possibly the "GAMES/ROMS" you have are faulty. Obtain ones from a new location...
STEP 10: Try another DS. If possible.
STEP 11: If all else fails, get a new Flashcart and/or MicroSD Card from a reputable site.

Tell us if it works or not~ Good luck.

ray11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i did email RHS on sunday still no response maby couse today was labor day . i opened a ticket on my account on there so maby ill get a response . im still waiting for a response from acekard to .

and yes i tryed all them stepts you have said .. i just have no ds lite or phat ds . and there is no way i can get hold of one eiher, impossible. but i tryed all other methods . it just freezes nothing i can do. last resort is just waiting for the emails to see what they say.

ray11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok sorry for double post . but got a response from RHS they said:

Our warranty is for 90 days. However, for customer appreciation we are willing to replace it. A shipping fee of $5 should be included with your defective cartridge.

i think 5 bucks is better then 32 bucks . so im guessing ill do that acekard still hasnt replyed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-