Kura_Hoods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello!

In december I've search about what linker take for my card (and so i finally find)
But today I played at my linker on my DSi and at a moment my game crash..
so I return to the home menu but my linker never restart again, stuck on the login
And My PC doesn't recognise my micro SD :(

Did someone know what appen and what I have to do?
Thanks you .u.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And My PC doesn't recognise my micro SD
If the PC doesn't recognize the microSD, it means that it is completely corrupted: something that has happened to me several times. All it takes is for the console to fail to make a save and to freeze in the process, and the entire microSD will be damaged. As much as others may say otherwise, the only reasonable solution is to format it, and unfortunately kernel, roms and saves will be lost. I always recommend to periodically make backups of your save files on a PC, and always eject the microSD via software, then physically extract it. I learned this lesson the hard way. 😅

Note: Fortunately, your kernel is easily found online. 😉

Last edited by Nikokaro,

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got two sdcard-readers. Every here and then the cards are not recognized in both of them. But after a few taking outs and puting back ins and a few retries at the pc all is good again. They just don't fit that good anymore.
If you think your card might be ok, then simply cancle the format-dialogue and give it another try.

Last edited by 77Urmel77,

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've got two sdcard-readers. Every here and then the cards are not recognized in both of them...
Maybe you didn't read the thread title and his post properly. Not only the PC (via SD-reader) doesn't read the microSD but also the console doesn't detect it ("stuck on the login"). The conclusion is one and unequivocal.
If the problem was so simple and obvious, he would have already solved it on his own.

Reactions: Kura_Hoods

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello!

In december I've search about what linker take for my card (and so i finally find)
But today I played at my linker on my DSi and at a moment my game crash..
so I return to the home menu but my linker never restart again, stuck on the login
And My PC doesn't recognise my micro SD :(

Did someone know what appen and what I have to do?
Thanks you .u.
Doesn't recognize it at all (as in it doesn't show up as a drive) or it asks you to format it?
If the latter, you may be able to recover the data with Recuva (free) or GetDataBack (free if you know where to look ;) and works better than Recuva IMO), though data recovery on flash storage has a lower chance of working than on a HDD in my experience.
If the former, it's likely your card just died. They don't last very long. I've had cards that last a long time when they're mostly read from and rarely written to. But cards that see active use like the ones I use in my Android devices tend to fail. But try another reader, I've had cards get corrupted in such a way that most of my SD readers were not able to read them but I managed to find one that did, and after formatting the card it worked fine on all the other readers again.

Reactions: Kura_Hoods

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe you didn't read the thread title and his post properly. Not only the PC (via SD-reader) doesn't read the microSD but also the console doesn't detect it ("stuck on the login"). The conclusion is one and unequivocal.
If the problem was so simple and obvious, he would have already solved it on his own.
I must admit i didn't understand the whole post - word by word. I don't know what "linker" means but I guess a flash-card is meant - the ACE3DS+! And yes, the internal microSDcard-readers of flashcards also can become worn out and malfunction.
Sorry if this possibility is too simple and obvious.
And I never heard of a flashcardfirmware with a login prompt. But could be....

Edit: I think I got it: A few flashcards had "linker" as part of their productname. But as i read they had fixed and not removeable storagespace. They needed to get connected to pc via usbcable to alter their content.

Last edited by 77Urmel77,

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After you have followed 'The Real JD Bye's' suggestions on trying to recover/backup what data you can, you should test the card with something like 'h2testw' as per the instructions here :-

https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

It is a 'destructive test' meaning that it will try to completely fill the card by trying to overwrite all space on the card. If it fails the test the card could be either fake or broken beyond repair if you are sure the corruption was not caused by something else.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

Kura_Hoods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If the PC doesn't recognize the microSD, it means that it is completely corrupted: something that has happened to me several times. All it takes is for the console to fail to make a save and to freeze in the process, and the entire microSD will be damaged. As much as others may say otherwise, the only reasonable solution is to format it, and unfortunately kernel, roms and saves will be lost. I always recommend to periodically make backups of your save files on a PC, and always eject the microSD via software, then physically extract it. I learned this lesson the hard way. 😅

Note: Fortunately, your kernel is easily found online. 😉
oh ok well it's not the first Time TuT
Now I'll save my data on PC very day for security
thanks! But How can I format it? The card doesn't appear on my PC so...

Kura_Hoods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Doesn't recognize it at all (as in it doesn't show up as a drive) or it asks you to format it?
If the latter, you may be able to recover the data with Recuva (free) or GetDataBack (free if you know where to look ;) and works better than Recuva IMO), though data recovery on flash storage has a lower chance of working than on a HDD in my experience.
If the former, it's likely your card just died. They don't last very long. I've had cards that last a long time when they're mostly read from and rarely written to. But cards that see active use like the ones I use in my Android devices tend to fail. But try another reader, I've had cards get corrupted in such a way that most of my SD readers were not able to read them but I managed to find one that did, and after formatting the card it worked fine on all the other readers again.
Well when I put my SD card on my PC, it just don't appear :/
So I don't have message for format it

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well when I put my SD card on my PC, it just don't appear
You can try another SD-reader first, but if the PC doesn't detect it, it means you can't recover it anymore.
I take the liberty of recommending the Sandisk brand; they are cheap but of good quality.

Kura_Hoods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can try another SD-reader first, but if the PC doesn't detect it, it means you can't recover it anymore.
I take the liberty of recommending the Sandisk brand; they are cheap but of good quality.
oh
ok... it's boring...
thanks for answer :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.