Hacking Question Accidentally updated to 5.01, so what shall I need?

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Topic. May as well get ready now since it sounds like I will need some "relatively-simple" hard-mod when Atmosphere gets out.

Btw, before anyone asks how I "accidentally" updated, I turned my Switch on to play BotW on the bus to work and accidentally clicked "Update" instead of "Start Software". Been kicking myself all morning.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need to short a couple joycon pins to enter RCM.... Easy enough to do. At this point you may as well update to latest if that's not what you are on and enjoy online services.

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to read...

I was under the impression there wouldn't even be a release (let alone guides) until the 15th at the earliest. Also, a direct answer is nicer anyway.

I need to update the files in the guide for 5.1.0, but the steps are the same for all FW, https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...h-the-homebrew-menu-on-4-x-5-x.504012/page-12

Didn't know there was a guide was out yet. Is this just to achieve homebrew or did Atmosphere come out while I was playing Persona 5 and working?

Edit: Ah, I see. It's for HBL. Still, great to know.

You will need to short a couple joycon pins to enter RCM.... Easy enough to do. At this point you may as well update to latest if that's not what you are on and enjoy online services.

Yeah, I should have been more specific and asked what kind of hardware/tools I would need to invest in. Even most of my screwdrivers are in GA, but I've moved to another state for work.

Edit: Checked out the guide, I'll grab some paperclips from my office tomorrow and keep them somewhere.

Last edited by Reaga,
D

Deleted-442439

I was under the impression there wouldn't even be a release (let alone guides) until the 15th at the earliest. Also, a direct answer is nicer anyway.

Didn't know there was a guide was out yet. Is this just to achieve homebrew or did Atmosphere come out while I was playing Persona 5 and working?

Yeah, I should have been more specific and asked what kind of hardware/tools I would need to invest in. Even most of my screwdrivers are in GA, but I've moved to another state for work.

It has been possible to use Homebrew on all FW since early May using Hekate to load Atmospheres custom loader.

Atmosphere is not yet out.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit: Ah, I see. It's for HBL. Still, great to know.

Edit: Checked out the guide, I'll grab some paperclips from my office tomorrow and keep them somewhere.
You won't need much of anything you can print a "jig" with a 3d printer. It's a little plastic tab with a wire attached that you simply stick into the joycon and then you use the volume plus button with power to enter RCM mode. It's literally not even going to require you to open your console.

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't need much of anything you can print a "jig" with a 3d printer. It's a little plastic tab with a wire attached that you simply stick into the joycon and then you use the volume plus button with power to enter RCM mode. It's literally not even going to require you to open your console.
I have no 3d printer nor any knowledge of a publicly usable 3d printer anywhere near me.

XtremeTemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no 3d printer nor any knowledge of a publicly usable 3d printer anywhere near me.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Swi...9.l2649&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1#vi__app-cvip-panel
bought this and it has worked perfectly! :) :
15282431559843393947977091451126.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2s69fpphVU