Hacking Accidentally installed GBA games to NAND instead of SD on emunand, black squares

thebatdadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I set up emunand, upgraded it to 9.9, installed FBI, installed the modified GBA_firm patch to install GBA games, and then installed some GBA games. However I totally forgot to change the location back to SD from NAND. So I installed about 30 GBA games along with the play coin setter, Big Blue Box, the eshop spoofer, and a couple other things to my NAND instead of SD. Now many of the icons in my emunand are just black squares, including system settings (it's gone from emunand, I'm assuming it's one of the black squares). It seems like the only ones that aren't blacked out are the ambassador GBA titles, my health warnings app (that I installed FBI in), and a FBI CIA that I installed before doing the whole NAND thing to make sure CIA installation is even working.

I realize this was a huge mistake up and am very, very fortunate that my system isn't bricked. However how do I get back now? I'm assuming I need to scrap my whole emunand and start from scratch? I tried restoring my NAND backup in sysnand but my emunand is still all messed up. I can't enter gateway's launcher on emunand for some reason, keep getting error codes when trying to use the web browser.

Anyone know where to go from here? Should I just wipe the system clean with a factory restore and start over? Or can I just somehow get rid of the emunand and start over at just that step?

Last edited by thebatdadd,

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Try using a fresh SD card, "Format Emunand" from GW launcher and inject copy of emuNAND on it using emuaNAND Tool. Most possibly your NANDs are still linked and causing issue to appear in emuNAND (from files in SD card 3DS folder) even though you fixed sysNAND with a backup.
I could be wrong, so don't quote me on it.

thebatdadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using a fresh SD card, "Format Emunand" from GW launcher and inject copy of emuNAND on it using emuaNAND Tool. Most possibly your NANDs are linked and causing issue to appear in emuNAND (from files in SD card 3DS folder) even though you fixed sysNAND with a backup.
I could be wrong, so don't quote me on it.
Thanks but the thing that's weird is that if I go into FBI in emunand and go into delete mode in NAND, I can still see stuff that definitely shouldn't be there (play coin setter is definitely still in there). Wouldn't this be an issue more to do with incorrectly installing the cia files to NAND rather than some kind of unlinking issue?

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks but the thing that's weird is that if I go into FBI in emunand and go into delete mode in NAND, I can still see stuff that definitely shouldn't be there (play coin setter is definitely still in there). Wouldn't this be an issue more to do with incorrectly installing the cia files to NAND rather than some kind of unlinking issue?
Then the sysNAND backup you tried restoring to console's NAND might already have it.

Dmafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That happened to me!
You need use the FBI to exclude the instaled tittle on the nand, switch the destination to nand and the mode to delete tittle.
BE CARREFUL if you dele some tittle native from the nand, will possibly brick your 3ds.

thebatdadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That happened to me!
You need use the FBI to exclude the instaled tittle on the nand, switch the destination to nand and the mode to delete tittle.
BE CARREFUL if you dele some tittle native from the nand, will possibly brick your 3ds.

Yeah I figured, would it be easier to just format the system completely and start from scratch? I really am not sure which ones don't belong in NAND and would rather not risk bricking my console

Dmafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dont work, if you format the console all the instaled tittle direct on the nand will comeback.
I installed the tittle mananger, note the ID and the size of all tittles instaled and then go to FBI and match the notes with the list of tittles.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I figured, would it be easier to just format the system completely and start from scratch? I really am not sure which ones don't belong in NAND and would rather not risk bricking my console
Formatting will not help, the broken titles will not be used but will still be there. You might wanna refer to region change topic on here that has list of system titles, but that would still be highly risky, if you delete a system title it might not boot anymore. In that case hardmod would be the only option left.

If you really want to get it fixed then I suggest make a sysNAND backup and keep it safe on PC, get a fresh SD card and "Format Emunand" to have exact same copy of sysNAND as emuNAND, then use FBI to delete unwanted titles from emuNAND only and do a reboot into emuNAND to test. If everything looks ok only then proceed to extracting emuNAND and writing it to sysNAND using GW launcher. It Is Still Risky.

Last edited by Just3DS,

thebatdadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont work, if you format the console all the instaled tittle direct on the nand will comeback.
I installed the tittle mananger, note the ID and the size of all tittles instaled and then go to FBI and match the notes with the list of tittles.

Alright cool, fortunately I know exactly which cias I installed. Should just be a matter of backtracking then. Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks guys, will start trying to delete titles

BTW, in FBI in NAND, should any of the files be called N/A? I have many of those that seem to be exactly the same size as my GBA games

Dmafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alright cool, fortunately I know exactly which cias I installed. Should just be a matter of backtracking then. Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks guys, will start trying to delete titles

BTW, in FBI in NAND, should any of the files be called N/A? I have many of those that seem to be exactly the same size as my GBA games

There's a lot of then!

thebatdadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is the builders, N/A and the CTR.
The games will be on the CTR list, dont touch the builders and the N/A
Oooh thanks man, really appreciate it! I usually just stick with 9.0-9.2 and cubic ninja for this kind of stuff but had to use rxtools and the gateway launcher all for the first time today on my new 'old' 3ds, I'm mentally exhausted haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: sup guys