1. BejittoSSJ5

OP BejittoSSJ5 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello everyone, I had tried to update my friend's Switch to 9.1 via ChoiDuJourNX and I think I corrupted the NAND.

It initially gave me a pkg2 decryption failed / failed to launch HOS! error when trying to boot, so I tried to restore what I think is a 6.2 rawnand backup. Same issue as before.
    Then I tried restoring the backup along with mattytrog's clean BOOT0/BOOT1 files for 6.2, and this allowed Atmosphere to boot up to its splash screen but afterwards the console is stuck on a lit black screen on both CFW & OFW. I was also able to backup and decrypt pkg2 from this restored rawnand combined with the clean boot files.

The files I have on hand to restore my friend's console are his prodinfo (atmosphere backup), the rawnand, prod.keys and that is it, sadly. I have a biskeys backup (atmosphere again) but I do not know how to decrypt it.

I am stuck to say the least and trying to repair my mistake is making me want to pull my hair out, so I figured I would come here and ask what to do before I proceed any further as I don't want to mess anything up.

Could anyone help me with this? Thank you much in advance.

EDIT: Obtained my biskeys! Now I can decrypt my NAND backup using HacDiskMount.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    A little late but you should read the post in my signature about downgrading

KiiWii likes this.
  3. BejittoSSJ5

Newcomer

United States
    I see, I see.

Thank you, just read the post. Makes sense, I usually don't do things this rashly or uninformed but I was in a rush when I tried to upgrade his Switch. For the time being I'm letting him use mine, so hopefully I should be able to make some progress with this.

Kafluke likes this.
  4. BejittoSSJ5

Newcomer

United States
    Alright, I finally figured out the firmware version of the NAND backup. It's 7.0.0. The clean Boot0/Boot1s in mattytrog's package are 7.0.1 however, which would explain the close-but-not-quite mismatch that causes it to boot into a black screen. Is there any way I can generate another Boot0/Boot1 or obtain a clean 7.0.0 boot?

5. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

United States
    Oh boy,,,

Should of made a backup of rawnand and boot0/1 before you updated..

Anyway, Just get yourself system files for 7.0.1 to match mattys boot0/1 if you like, and then use Choidujour.exe on PC to make your own rawnand image to restore..
    https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

Or restore nand backup with matching boot0/1

Goodluck.

BejittoSSJ5 likes this.
  6. BejittoSSJ5

Newcomer

United States
    Thank you all for the advice! I very carefully followed Matty's unbrick_your_switch instructions and got it working. I got it back up and working!!! :yay:

7. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Good job

8. DragonMax08

DragonMax08 Newbie
    Newcomer

Jamaica
    how did you figure it out? I think i am having the same issue. i went to restore my nand to a backup i had without the knowledge of downgrading etc and i got everything tested and verified okay but when i select reboot to ofw i got black screen. the console not booting it unless i using the rcm loader or tegra. i having been trying to figure out which system version i had when i did the nand back up but no luck as yet. i downgraded to 9.0.1 and run back the nand restore but same prob system not reboot system not rebooting. i am currently trying to downgrade to 8.1.0 to see if thats the original firmware. sigh!!

9. DragonMax08

DragonMax08 Newbie
    Newcomer

Jamaica
    update. i tried 8.1 and still no ofw. can somone tell me if i am doing the right thing. that is keep downgrading until i get the right firmware or i should not be doing this. forgive the ignorance.

10. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    Just keep going

I'm saying you can't do any more harm to the Switch

DragonMax08 likes this.
  11. DragonMax08

DragonMax08 Newbie
    Newcomer

Jamaica
    Thanks man. I got it fixed this morning.

comput3rus3r and TunaKetchup like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Accidentally, bricked, friends