OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had my CycloDS Evolution (firmware 1.41) for a few weeks now, and other than one little problem, it's a great little device.

When I sometimes access the in-game menu with A+B+X+Y+L+R, the top screen will go white - and completely lock up. If I kill the power and start the DS Lite back up, everything is back to normal. I've tried formatting my microSD and microSDHC cards - no effect.

This happens occasionally - maybe 1 out of 20 times I try to access the menu, and it really bugs me. Is this normal behavior, or is it possible that I have a defective unit?

nekra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bump. Anyone?

I'd ask over at the Team Cyclops forum, but it's down, so I'm stuck asking here. If this isn't normal behavior, I'd like to send it back to RHS for a new one before my 90 days are up.

nekra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ferrariman said:
What game/s are you having trouble with?
Mainly with The World Ends With You, but only because I've been playing that the most. I've seen it happen at random on other games as well - Phantom Hourglass, Final Fantasy III, Tetris DS. (And yes, the ROM dumps are good and clean.)

Like I mentioned in my first post, the problem is intermittent.

nekra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
b4andafter5 said:
Backup, format, and restore the data to your microSD.
QUOTE(nekra @ Aug 3 2008, 01:45 PM) I've tried formatting my microSD and microSDHC cards - no effect.
Please read before you post, thanks.

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before their forums went down, ive read that the best time to go into the menu and to use real time save is after pausing the game (usually press start). freezing the game to load the menu might cause problems especially for slower cards (although i dont know if you have a fast card or not).

b4andafter5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triple-sevenz said:
before their forums went down, ive read that the best time to go into the menu and to use real time save is after pausing the game (usually press start). freezing the game to load the menu might cause problems especially for slower cards (although i dont know if you have a fast card or not).
That is true.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)