Hacking About to get a Wii, need advice on modding it...

Gears of the App

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Right, so as stated in the topic title, I'm about to purchase a Wii and I need to know what kind of chip to throw in it...
I mostly want the chip to break region coding(I live in New Zealand, we're months behind when it comes to releases), though I'll probably end up using it for 'back-ups' as well.

My main concern is that I've heard stories of chipped Wiis being bricked by updates and such. How can I avoid this happening/Is there a chip that won't be affected?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Actually you first must buy the wii and check your serial number, then you can start checking on chips. Because if you have a D2C chip in it, there is only 1 working chip out there right now.

Infectus team is about to realease an update for their chip anyday soon about how to only use 13 wires for a D2C but its not out yet.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest buying an InFeCtUs regardless. It works in just about every console with a Wii-D2C and PS3 wiring configuration coming out soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    WafflesMcDuff @ WafflesMcDuff: https://gbatemp.net/threads/game-stick-lite-4k-was-stuck-at-loading-screen-got-worse-from-there-p...