Hardware about to buy my very first classic controllers

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see good reviews on this not to much cons i guess except from one person.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.28931

before i buy this i want to know if these cons also apply to the Nintendo brand.i never had a classic controller so not to sure.

one user here named Artek1985 says that it feels like the actual nintendo controller. others comment say different. there are other classic controllers here that look like the one that nintendo made but since this one is cheaper i'm thinking of just getting this one because its 80cm cable not to sure if i go for a longer cable if it would be better.

here are others i'm looking at
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.24816 has a cord

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27838 basically the same as the first link i provided

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22500 basically the same as the first link i provided

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just go to Walmart. They sometimes have these cool bundles that has a classic controller, AND a 2000 Wii Point Card for only $20.

Christopho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW! That's a really good deal, I just hope those are OEM Wii controllers =P

If you think about it you really won't use that 2k Wii pts in the long run, since there's no DLC or anything good on the Wii market. Also, there's always "other" methods you can use to get the arcade games, which are the only good things at the nintendo store. So, you should just go and buy 2 classic controllers for the same price.

Hope I helped ^^

EDIT: Just read the reviews and I recommend you buy the first one since it seems to be the best one, although you'll always have to stick it with your wiimote meaning it won't be efficient/look nice when friends/family come over. All the other ones sound like phyclone products (i.e. they suck, bad. My first experience was with 2 GCC wireless remotes, within a month the rubber fell out of the analog stick and I literally bled playing with it. My 2nd experience was I bought a charger for my wii and it never even worked, thank god it was only $5), which will make you regret buying it.

I recommend you just buy a OEM controller from amazon/newegg/ebay =P

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christopho said:
WOW! That's a really good deal, I just hope those are OEM Wii controllers =P

If you think about it you really won't use that 2k Wii pts in the long run, since there's no DLC or anything good on the Wii market. Also, there's always "other" methods you can use to get the arcade games, which are the only good things at the nintendo store. So, you should just go and buy 2 classic controllers for the same price.

Hope I helped ^^

EDIT: Just read the reviews and I recommend you buy the first one since it seems to be the best one, although you'll always have to stick it with your wiimote meaning it won't be efficient/look nice when friends/family come over. All the other ones sound like phyclone products (i.e. they suck, bad. My first experience was with 2 GCC wireless remotes, within a month the rubber fell out of the analog stick and I literally bled playing with it. My 2nd experience was I bought a charger for my wii and it never even worked, thank god it was only $5), which will make you regret buying it.

I recommend you just buy a OEM controller from amazon/newegg/ebay =P

i'll be buying this controller http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.28931 since thats the one you recommended for me and it does sound like the best choice.

but before i officially decide on that i will look into amazon/newegg/ebay and look into these OEM controllers.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is preety much the same thing if i'm correct http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32548 because i want it to match my wiimote.

also there is a comment saying its third party can a jap only controller really be third party.

yeah know what someone might say the nintendo brand classic pro is like $40.

edit
what am i saying all accessories on deal extreme are like third party

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
if it says genuine its a first party controller
also pro is better cause you wont get cramps like with the normal classic controller

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo nitrostemp why you had to show me the pro version i don't know how i missed that earlier today but you made my decision a little harder but than again when the pro was first announced i thought to myself easy it would be to play ps1 on the wii so thank you for showing me that link.

now i want to go off topic for a while and ask how do i play ps1 games on the wii i never got that thing to work.

edit
you know what i'm going for the pro the white one though so it can match my wiimote.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
wiisx is currently in development i tried it out with megaman x forgot which number but it played pretty smoothly. im sure they will give an update soon like wii64

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrostemp just bought the black classic controller pros you showed meit may not match my wiimote but the white ones i was going to buy had cons i just didn't want.
also the black classic pro the reviewer says its an original.

thank you for your reply and i want to thank every other user that replied.

Bo Abobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely pick one up, especially at that price. Got one for my wii at launch and have been enjoying some vc games here and there. Its a must for snes games thats for sure.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got my 2 wii classic controller pros.they are the nintendo version because i notice the nintendo logo is on them.the controllers work perfect except there is a little defect with the D pad on both controllers.for one of the i have to press the forward or back button on the D pad slightly hard and the other just the forward button but its not a real big deal for me.another problem i have with these controllers they don't work with emulators yet.i guess the emulators are going to need a update for these controllers to work or i'm not just using them right.but the controllers work on wii games wiiware and i guess vc haven't tested that yet.it possible these are third party controllers even though on the controller in the front its says wii and the back says nintendo.also where the plug where the controoler connects to the wiimote also says nintendo.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I learned the hard way that you should never, ever buy 3rd party controllers. My GC controller had good reviews, "feels like the real thing". My ass, it's cheap gimmicky piece of plastic that has broken 2 times already, requiring me to open it up and glue it back together. And it never felt good, buttons were loud etc.. I'd say go with the original or don't go at all. There is no man on earth that is too poor buy a decent controller. The poor can't afford cheap, they say.

geegee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
just got my 2 wii classic controller pros.they are the nintendo version because i notice the nintendo logo is on them.

True...nothing from China would ever be counterfeit. Especially from dealextreme.

QUOTE(fst312 @ Mar 25 2010, 03:25 AM) There is a little defect with the D pad on both controllers...[and] they don't work with emulators

Well they must be real then....

I apologize for the sarcasm......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: When you play SM64 but you try recreating the slider song from memory during an episode.