ROM Hack About my Soul Silver patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

metal01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I didn't blame the guy for stopping, and in the end its his choice to stop, but I have to agree that the reason given to stop is lame.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Exershio said:
WataruKun said:
girugamarc said:
WataruKun said:
Raysie1 said:
You should still be VERY proud of what you actually did. You made thousands of people including myself find it easier to play SoulSilver.

Yes, it was pretty much a dead project to begin with, as we all knew a US/Europe release date was upon us. But you still showed for many months that you were willing to put in the effort for not only yourself, but also for the people here.

Thanks again.
Not so much that, but I canceled it more because of the fact there are just too many 12 year olds on this forum who have no respect for anyone.

lol. how many cases have their been where translators quit because of people of no importance acting dumb? I lost count. Anyways, lame reason to quit imo. It's called ignoring those people, y'know. Very easy to do on the internet ;3

anyways, your choice, I'm sure this was very time consuming so good job with how far you got
Shut it. It's not just because of that. It's because there's a 1st wave of trolls, a week later there's ANOTHER wave of trolls, week after there's a 3rd wave of trolls. Sure the mods can just delete their post, but it gets to a point where I get tired of that crap.

If the translation was still going, sure as hell there would be ANOTHER wave of trolls, then ANOTHER wave of trolls after that. Some people just need to learn respect.

End of discussion. This is not about why I quit the translation.

Cry us a river. Quit acting like you're god just because you're translating a game. If you were truly doing this for the community here, you wouldn't have quit because people were trolling you. You would have ignored the waves of trolls and kept on translating because it was helping quite a lot of people. If you can't handle criticism, you shouldn't be doing anything productive in the first place. Instead, you acted like a whiny baby and quit because people weren't respecting you and praising you like some god you think you are.

Don't get me wrong, you have every right to quit your patch for whatever reason(s) you want. Just don't expect any respect from me for the huge scene you kept making, threatening to quit because people weren't respecting you enough to fill that ego of yours.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, you know everything. Good for you. Now, shush. When you want to stop acting like you know everything come back. Until then shush.

Haha, it's people like you that made me quit. You're ignorant. I'll gladly tell you why if you want. I can honestly tell you that you ARE ignorant and cannot possibly back up your BS claims.

So please stop. Or course you continue, but I'll report you.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so Wataru, did u ever tell any of us what tools used to translate.

I would like to continue some of the translation, just to see how its done for the 4th gen games.

could u pm me the xml? and just name the tools in it and ill find them myself. thanks in advance.

Exershio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Exershio said:
Cry us a river. Quit acting like you're god just because you're translating a game. If you were truly doing this for the community here, you wouldn't have quit because people were trolling you. You would have ignored the waves of trolls and kept on translating because it was helping quite a lot of people. If you can't handle criticism, you shouldn't be doing anything productive in the first place. Instead, you acted like a whiny baby and quit because people weren't respecting you and praising you like some god you think you are.

Don't get me wrong, you have every right to quit your patch for whatever reason(s) you want. Just don't expect any respect from me for the huge scene you kept making, threatening to quit because people weren't respecting you enough to fill that ego of yours.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, you know everything. Good for you. Now, shush. When you want to stop acting like you know everything come back. Until then shush.

Haha, it's people like you that made me quit. You're ignorant. I'll gladly tell you why if you want. I can honestly tell you that you ARE ignorant and cannot possibly back up your BS claims.

So please stop. Or course you continue, but I'll report you.

Here you go again with your unwarranted self-importance. Who are you to tell me to "shush" like you're all that? Look up at the parts I bolded, and if you at least have the intelligence of a ninth grader, you should be able to understand how you completely contradicted yourself and agreed with me. I believe that backs up my "BS" claims.

btw: I'm not ignorant, and I'd be glad to hear why you think I am. I know a whiny bitch when I see one. And you, my friend, are a prime example. You should put off your other translation projects until you've at least graduated high school, because you obviously don't have the maturity to deal with the criticism that comes with such a project.

mattchase00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun,

You know you seriously need to grow up. If you don't understand why someone would do a project like this, then you should have never bothered in the first place. The reason why you do a translation patch is to help a community of people, and give them something they would not of otherwise had. Not to fulfil some sort of ego trip. So, as a word of advice, if you cannot take criticism from people, just play Japanese games because you can read them and just forget about this community because you apparently aren't mature enough to ignore the people who are OBVIOUSLY trying to get to you. I make my own RPGs with RPG maker VX, and do you know how much trolling I've received while doing it? And your just going to sit there and allow the project to die? You have lost all my respect for you, and I haven't even touched your patch and probably never will. I'd rather wait for a game to be relased then sit here and listen to you whine like a little baby because someone criticised your work.

With no due respect
Matt

Edited for typo

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blah blah, another ignorant newbie who knows everything. Please if you have nothing useful to post, don't.

Nonetheless, you people have been reported. I honestly don't care about your ignorant opinions and you are thus, wasting your time posting them.

I could tell you people why you're ignorant, but it doesn't change the fact that you're ignorant. I could give you a thousand reasons why, but I'd be wasting my time, because you are ignorant.

It's ironic when you call me a whiny bitch, but let's look at who's really whining here. It sure as heck isn't me.

Exershio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Blah blah, another ignorant newbie who knows everything. Please if you have nothing useful to post, don't.
I beg to differ. You're the only person here not posting anything useful. You keep calling people ignorant and "newbie" without any claims to back them up. You claim to disagree with me, yet what you say contradicts that entirely.

edit:
QUOTE(WataruKun @ Dec 7 2009, 05:10 PM) Nonetheless, you people have been reported. I honestly don't care about your ignorant opinions and you are thus, wasting your time posting them.

I could tell you people why you're ignorant, but it doesn't change the fact that you're ignorant. I could give you a thousand reasons why, but I'd be wasting my time, because you are ignorant.

Now you're just running away from an argument that you are losing, hiding behind the moderators. You say you could give us a thousand reasons why, but you haven't given us a single one. Good job, you've proven enough to us already.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sigh... Well, I'll be posting the XML file soon. Hopefully you people can NOW see what I meant by the disrespect I get and hopefully now you people can see why I closed the other topic.

This is precisely what I was talking about, when I mentioned "waves of trolls". And this is precisely what would have continued to happen, had my other topic stayed open.

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All the people who have been flaming you for quitting are just selfish, because they just want to play the game. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter what his original purpose of making this patch was for, because he didn't have any obligations to anyone to do it. It was just something he felt like doing, and he chooses not to now. Be lucky he used as much of his time as he already did, and move on. Can you seriously not wait 3-4 months for a new Pokemon game? Anyways, good luck with whatever you do next, if you do something.

mattchase00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun,

Look at my start date, I'm only conisdered a newbie by the forum because I don't post much, but I have been here for a rather long time. So, Waturu please tell me if you don't care about our opinions what is this thread about? Surely, it still has a reason for exisiting? As for reporting me, I hope the mods come and actually read through the statements your actually posting here. Again, you get so much disrespect because of your attitude, not your work. People appreciate your work, but strongly dislike your attitude. No one is going to respect someone who's only purpose for a project like this is to treated like you are someone. Keep in mind you are not the first to do this nor will you be the last. I sincerly hope that you do some soul searching and realize that the type of "community" you belong to has a right to offer criticism and if you can't handle it you should gtfo!

Matt

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
This is precisely what I was talking about, when I mentioned "waves of trolls". And this is precisely what would have continued to happen, had my other topic stayed open.

now I'm concerned on what you consider a troll. Because these people posting at the moment are in no way trolling.

anyways, nothing good is coming from this, people. Wataru will continue to claim that you are ignorant, and you will continue to claim that he whines too much. It's going nowhere

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You keep assuming I actually care about your opinion
smile.gif

By the way, just thought I'd let you know you've all been reported for off-topic posting.

I can tell you why you're ignorant, but it's a waste of my time and just leads to further off-topic posting. I've nothing to prove to you.

Tell you what make a topic called "lulz why am I ignorant Watarukun?" and we'll discuss there. I don't know if you can read, but this topic is about my Soul Silver patch, not what your ignorant opinion is.

Exershio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
You keep assuming I actually care about your opinion
smile.gif

By the way, just thought I'd let you know you've all been reported for off-topic posting.

I can tell you why you're ignorant, but it's a waste of my time. I've nothing to prove to you.

You have yet to give us a single reason how we're ignorant. You claim it's a waste of your time, yet you're still posting in this thread. I think the reason may be that you have no decent rebuttals so you're just cowering behind the mods.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll wait for the mods to handle this one. When all the off-topic posts are cleaned up I'll post the XML. Really, this is like deja vu of my old topic. Nothing new has been said, nothing I haven't seen before has happened. Same thing as the old topic, ignorant opinionated trolls trying, but failing to start an argument.

This type of behavior is exactly why beta 5 is not being made and this type of behavior is exactly why, I personally don't think anyone here deserves a beta 5.

Exershio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
I think I'll wait for the mods to handle this one. When all the off-topic posts are cleaned up I'll post the XML. Really, this is like deja vu of my old topic. Nothing new has been said, nothing I haven't seen before has happened. Same thing as the old topic, ignorant opinionated trolls trying, but failing to start an argument.

I presented you with a fair argument. You on the other hand, have yet to respond. How are we ignorant? And for fucks sake, stop using that word if you can't back it up.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This topic went sooo wrong...
Looking forward to you posting the xml file. Hopefully i can make something useful out of it.
yay.gif

mattchase00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun,

You really make me LOL, you directly refuse to continue on with the purpose of your thread to "wait for the mods to clear up all off topic post" when you are the one directly leading us in this off-topic chat. I'm begining to believe that you are the real troll here just seeking attention.

Matt

mattchase00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks WataruKun,

I will download this and catalog it. If I get arround to it I may finish the translation, depend on the time I can contribute to it. But in all seriousness I don't believe this type of work is for you. I apperciate what you have made, however, I hope you do a little growing up before you try a project like this again.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits... +1