mylittlePWNy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm only 15 and i appreciate the effort you put in. I don't really care about the translation but its nice to know that some people care and are willing to put in the effort to help someone else out
biggrin.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I don't really play the SS/HG game now, I still support you (when you were still active on the translation) I downloaded your latest patch and patched my game and played it for a while when I get bored. The English version of the game is coming in about 5 months. I can wait for that. I still supported you, either way.

Shintek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How could you survive in the internet if your work gets affected by random trolls?
It may be just me(and my years of playing/browsing etc.) but spam/trolls are by far the most easy annoyance you can deal with.
Its not like ppl flooded you internet connection to stall you or fucked with your code itself.

Really liked your work(even if I just played the first patch, just continued to watch the topic), really a shame.

metal01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the work dude, its greatly appreciated, and I don't blame you for stopping especially since the release date is getting closer, slowly but surely.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
You can't expect everyone in the world to worship you for what you did. Obviously, you did it out of the goodness of your heart, and I thank you for what once was.

But honestly, you take the internet too seriously.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
benjaminlibl said:
You can't expect everyone in the world to worship you for what you did. Obviously, you did it out of the goodness of your heart, and I thank you for what once was.

But honestly, you take the internet too seriously.
You people assume too much. Since when was I taking it seriously? It's done in my eyes. I've moved on to better things. I'm not going to make a patch for people who I don't feel deserve it. I will also not make a patch for people who do not respect my work. The end.

Yes, I know that there are several people who do respect it, but all it takes is a few immature people to ruin something good.

Makoto03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much Watarukun, for the great work you did. Please don't get upset becuase of what some of the 'children' on here have said.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your work, WataruKun. But I do not plan on using your work in my translation.

Did you do any work on it post-V4?

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Raysie1 said:
You should still be VERY proud of what you actually did. You made thousands of people including myself find it easier to play SoulSilver.

Yes, it was pretty much a dead project to begin with, as we all knew a US/Europe release date was upon us. But you still showed for many months that you were willing to put in the effort for not only yourself, but also for the people here.

Thanks again.
Not so much that, but I canceled it more because of the fact there are just too many 12 year olds on this forum who have no respect for anyone.

lol. how many cases have their been where translators quit because of people of no importance acting dumb? I lost count. Anyways, lame reason to quit imo. It's called ignoring those people, y'know. Very easy to do on the internet ;3

anyways, your choice, I'm sure this was very time consuming so good job with how far you got

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
girugamarc said:
WataruKun said:
Raysie1 said:
You should still be VERY proud of what you actually did. You made thousands of people including myself find it easier to play SoulSilver.

Yes, it was pretty much a dead project to begin with, as we all knew a US/Europe release date was upon us. But you still showed for many months that you were willing to put in the effort for not only yourself, but also for the people here.

Thanks again.
Not so much that, but I canceled it more because of the fact there are just too many 12 year olds on this forum who have no respect for anyone.

lol. how many cases have their been where translators quit because of people of no importance acting dumb? I lost count. Anyways, lame reason to quit imo. It's called ignoring those people, y'know. Very easy to do on the internet ;3

anyways, your choice, I'm sure this was very time consuming so good job with how far you got
Shut it. It's not just because of that. It's because there's a 1st wave of trolls, a week later there's ANOTHER wave of trolls, week after there's a 3rd wave of trolls. Sure the mods can just delete their post, but it gets to a point where I get tired of that crap.

If the translation was still going, sure as hell there would be ANOTHER wave of trolls, then ANOTHER wave of trolls after that. Some people just need to learn respect.

End of discussion. This is not about why I quit the translation.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trolls and the internet go hand in hand, my friend. There will always be trolls. They are of no importance, and to me, are very easy to ignore. It's sad you weren't able to do this. But like I said before, good show on actually getting to where you got to, although it wasn't very far.

anyways, I for one am not so hype about this game that I can't wait 5 more months for it to be released.

sentinalblade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
girugamarc said:
trolls and the internet go hand in hand, my friend. There will always be trolls. They are of no importance, and to me, are very easy to ignore. It's sad you weren't able to do this. But like I said before, good show on actually getting to where you got to, although it wasn't very far.

anyways, I for one am not so hype about this game that I can't wait 5 more months for it to be released.

He has stated those facts.
I have helped on a few translations in the past, And trolls are 99% of the reason a project fails. Its not because we go EMO over what they say.

WataruKun's Topic had 236 pages of TROLL!!!!!
Sometimes its not what they say, its just the overwhelming amount of posts. At one point, the Tales of Phantasia(PSX) translation had so many trolls, they barely had time to actually work on the patch.

The Disgeae 2 translation(Made when the PSP CFW could not play it, until the new firmware was cracked) Had 3!!!! Topics closed due to the overwhelming troll posts. I remember one of them got near 430 pages of trolling and bashing on kissofdeath and the main translator.

Cheers Wataru. If anything, you can know that other translators feel your pain.

Edit: Figures how my first post would be white knighting. Woot for coming out of lurker mode.

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your initial translation of battles and menus was enough to get me through the game. I'm thankful for that. I can wait for an official full translation. If you don't want to continue, that's fine. I think people really are being rather impatient anyway. The English version comes out in...what? March or April, right?

TehFutile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since you have officially quit, i feel its safe for me to air my opinion on the mater

you broke the first rule of internet: you fed the trolls

you had a bad attitude the whole time, and it kept coming off as though you wanted hero worship for your translations.

I encouraged you throughout the topic to keep it up, because your translation was good, but i guess the 20+ people who wanted and respected your work wasnt enough

my suggestion for your future projects, do a few things:
1. Get the chip off you shoulder, seriously you come off as a very unappealing person sometimes
2. Ignore the trolls, 100%. dont even acknowledge anything they do
3. Take praise and criticism better, or dont make a topic about it, just post updates

those being said, i wish you luck on your future projects

Exershio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
girugamarc said:
WataruKun said:
Raysie1 said:

Thanks again.

Shut it. It's not just because of that. It's because there's a 1st wave of trolls, a week later there's ANOTHER wave of trolls, week after there's a 3rd wave of trolls. Sure the mods can just delete their post, but it gets to a point where I get tired of that crap.

If the translation was still going, sure as hell there would be ANOTHER wave of trolls, then ANOTHER wave of trolls after that. Some people just need to learn respect.

Cry us a river. Quit acting like you're god just because you're translating a game. If you were truly doing this for the community here, you wouldn't have quit because people were trolling you. You would have ignored the waves of trolls and kept on translating because it was helping quite a lot of people. If you can't handle criticism, you shouldn't be doing anything productive in the first place. Instead, you acted like a whiny baby and quit because people weren't respecting you and praising you like some god you think you are.

Don't get me wrong, you have every right to quit your patch for whatever reason(s) you want. Just don't expect any respect from me for the huge scene you kept making, threatening to quit because people weren't respecting you enough to fill that ego of yours.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Cry us a river. Quit acting like you're god just because you're translating a game. If you were truly doing this for the community here, you wouldn't have quit because people were trolling you. You would have ignored the waves of trolls and kept on translating because it was helping quite a lot of people. If you can't handle criticism, you shouldn't be doing anything productive in the first place. Instead, you acted like a whiny baby and quit because people weren't respecting you and praising you like some god you think you are.

Don't get me wrong, you have every right to quit your patch for whatever reason(s) you want. Just don't expect any respect from me for the huge scene you kept making, threatening to quit because people weren't respecting you enough to fill that ego of yours.

Little harsh maybe?
QUOTEShut it. It's not just because of that. It's because there's a 1st wave of trolls, a week later there's ANOTHER wave of trolls, week after there's a 3rd wave of trolls. Sure the mods can just delete their post, but it gets to a point where I get tired of that crap.

How about the wave of non-trolls who respect you?

Septher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exershio said:

Let this quote be the summary of what this thread will eventually turn into. I've been lurking these forums for quite a while, mainly to check up on Wataru's patch, and I expected no less of his type than to bawww over how his balls aren't being licked by all members of GBAtemp just because of a game translation that was in high demand.

After a couple of weeks of seeing Wataru progress, I deleted my Soul Silver SAV. file. It was too obvious that he didn't care about anybody here, and just wanted to see what it would feel like to be the big tough game translator in a forum full of desperate Pogeymon fans. I'd rather wait for the official release than play a half-assed translation made only to satisfy your desire to have you ass be thrusted into. Just one more cock for your dick satchel, you ham carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on