OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm done with the patch, but if anyone feels like expanding on it or continuing it, I don't care. Hell, I'll even give you the latest XML for the translation if you want. I know there are a lot of people out there who where interested in translating Soul Silver and now you have a pretty good place to start. Most of the dialogue all the way up to Ecruteak is translated and several items are translated. So what I'm saying? If you want to start your own translation, my patch would be a great place to start.

So I'm making my Soul Silver patch sort of "Free use" now. You can do it anything you want with it, heh, you don't even have to credit me.

Raysie1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You should still be VERY proud of what you actually did. You made thousands of people including myself find it easier to play SoulSilver.

Yes, it was pretty much a dead project to begin with, as we all knew a US/Europe release date was upon us. But you still showed for many months that you were willing to put in the effort for not only yourself, but also for the people here.

Thanks again.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fail why did you even start than?

Just kidding. Its your life do whatever you want. I hope someone that is dedicated could pick up this project and expand it.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the work you did.
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's an offer that I've never seen before, Wataru. I would take the XML file of Soul Silver, but, sadly, I don't know anything about Japanese. I hope someone else like YayMii would take the XML file and translate it. Thanks a lot for this, Watarukun.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raysie1 said:
You should still be VERY proud of what you actually did. You made thousands of people including myself find it easier to play SoulSilver.

Yes, it was pretty much a dead project to begin with, as we all knew a US/Europe release date was upon us. But you still showed for many months that you were willing to put in the effort for not only yourself, but also for the people here.

Thanks again.
Not so much that, but I canceled it more because of the fact there are just too many 12 year olds on this forum who have no respect for anyone.

Blaze of merc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Raysie1 said:

Thanks again.
Not so much that, but I canceled it more because of the fact there are just too many 12 year olds on this forum who have no respect for anyone.

Maybe you would have you know, just ignored them, Its easy to do, just let it go in one eye and out the other, and since there so immature, why would you want there respect anyway?

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Raysie1 said:

Thanks again.
Too true.

Well, either way, you've satisfied a lot of people with your hard work and you still deserve a large amount of praise.

rickdgray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent work on what you did, man. I'll admit, I kept up to date on the patch and never once just simply said thanks. My bad, man. You did good work though.

A thought: why don't we just make this the official open source HGSS translation thread? Although I read absolutely no Japanese, I would be glad to proof read, fix grammatical errors, etc.! Or start a new thread for that and just take WataruKun's work there.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Raysie1 said:

Thanks again.

12 year olds? I'm a 12 year old and I have lots of respect for you.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Svorax said:
A thought: why don't we just make this the official open source HGSS translation thread? Although I read absolutely no Japanese, I would be glad to proof read, fix grammatical errors, etc.! Or start a new thread for that and just take WataruKun's work there.
Open source isn't exactly the right word. Anybody who knows what they're doing could've gotten the XML files to work with from a patched ROM. If people didn't do this, it's probably a sign that they have some respect for WataruKun's wishes. If they did... Whatever it's pretty pointless to not make this open in the first place.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
WataruKun said:
Raysie1 said:

Thanks again.

12 year olds? I'm a 12 year old and I have lots of respect for you.
Unfortunately not all 12 year olds are respectful as you. I've dealt with trolls time and time again, but that last wave of trolls was the last straw. While there are a lot of people out there who respect me, many people on this forum have absolutely no respect for how long it takes to translate something. There's just no point in translating if A. People are disrespecting me, B. The game is coming out in the USA anyway and C. I have several other translations I'm working on.

rickdgray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poryhack said:
Svorax said:
Open source isn't exactly the right word. Anybody who knows what they're doing could've gotten the XML files to work with from a patched ROM. If people didn't do this, it's probably a sign that they have some respect for WataruKun's wishes. If they did... Whatever it's pretty pointless to not make this open in the first place.
Well yes, I guess you are right, but it seems that if there was a simple language file to download, maybe with a .txt extention, people would be more prone to want to help. Its easy to do if a single file is downloaded, some changes made, then reuploaded. I don't think just anyone would know how to get the XML from a patched game. Besides that, if there's a thread, we'll be able to work together easier.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a bit of a moot point anyway isn't it? In less than six months none of this will matter and everyone will be happily playing their real English copies.

I'll admit that even i wanted (to do) a translation back in September but lets face it that was 3 months ago. Anybody who's gonna play through the storyline has already done so or is patient enough to wait. A lot of us could be doing more productive things than a translation.

sepulveda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish you would reconsider. Your patch is by far the best version of all.

Anyway, thanks for the amount you did at least. Your work is really appreciated.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again, you can't insult someone or call them a troll just because they rated your videos 4 stars instead of 5 stars

that's just moronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    Thanks for trying. :)
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent