About Monster Hunter Frontier

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Yanazake, Jul 3, 2010.

Jul 3, 2010
  1. Yanazake
    OP

Member Yanazake GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I've seen a few things about this version of Monster Hunter, and the first question is:

WHICH weapon has that giant laser? Is it Gunlance? If so, how come that's not inplemented in any other game? [ok, I know the answer, because it's a bit absurd~ but anyway, I got curious]

Now, why EXACTLY Capcom keeps saying "Monster Hunter isn't that popular outside of Japan/Asia"? With that kind of thought, game developers keep the rest of the world lacking some awesome games - Tales of Eternia online, for example

And to end this, I'm a bit... no, a LOT disappointed with available MMOs because hardly any of them have real action like Monster Hunter Frontier and even Tales of Eternia Online. What kind of game would you recommend in this line of thought?

2. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    1. gunlance i think, its because MHFO gets constant updates (new monsters, armour weapons e.t.c) whereas it really isn't viable to do updates like that on any consoles or handhelds so far.

2. it isnt, compared to the amount of sales it gets in japan, mh has pretty no audience that buys the games. none of the games have sold well so far. as long as the games sell poorly, capcom aren't likely to bring a constantly updated game like mhfo over.

3. Yanazake
    OP

Member Yanazake GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    This is badm really, the game gets better and better on new versions~
    What are people buying? Zombies and sports?

They need some fantasy in their lives :/ [and I'm not talking about Final Fantasy, I never really played any of them to the end]

Well, whatever, I'll keep hoping that an american version or at least a patch is done somewhere someday~

4. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    What are some good MMos that arent too expensive?

5. Zarcon

Former Staff Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Canada
    Vindictus (Formerly known as Mabinogi Heroes) is being localized by Nexon and has...somewhat similar gameplay.
    Look up some videos on Youtube and sign up for the beta if you're interested.