ROM Hack About HGSS AP Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic Kitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it's only been like 3 days... it took about a week for Might and Magic or Zelda to get fixed so really we just need to wait

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
According to some reports there are even freezes on some AK2i with AKAIO v1.6 RC1. Which I hope I do not have to repeat but, if it freezes even once IT IS NO GOOD. (though it might be somewhat better than those that freeze a great deal).

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bleachigo159 said:
Acekard2i w/ AKAIO Firmware 1.5 and 1.5.1 and 1.6RC1 does it work for ds lite I'm planning to change r4 already
Yeah, Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.6RC works perfectly.
It's apparently the only flashcart that plays HGSS perfectly, otherwise you get that nasty anti-piracy.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Chase-san @ Mar 15 2010, 09:53 AM) According to some reports there are even freezes on some AK2i with AKAIO v1.6 RC1. Which I hope I do not have to repeat but, if it freezes even once IT IS NO GOOD. (though it might be somewhat better than those that freeze a great deal).
Please keep in mind it's possible that these people simply didn't install AKAIO properly.
It's not as simple at the R4 firmware, there's 3 things you need to replace, the __AIO folder, the akmenu4.nds, and the loaders.

eXzeon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
RupeeClock said:
bleachigo159 said:
Acekard2i w/ AKAIO Firmware 1.5 and 1.5.1 and 1.6RC1 does it work for ds lite I'm planning to change r4 already
It's apparently the only flashcart that plays HGSS perfectly, otherwise you get that nasty anti-piracy.
It doesn't work perfectly, still freezes, but very rarely/ after a long time.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
eXzeon said:
RupeeClock said:
bleachigo159 said:

i had seen many people said they played for like 10, 16 or 20 hours yet any freeze
weird weird weird!

anyway, is good choice to change your r4 to something else

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
i hereby kill the rumor about R4Li working. it don't work with any of their firmware, tried all of them

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
eXzeon said:
RupeeClock said:
bleachigo159 said:

i had seen many people said they played for like 10, 16 or 20 hours yet any freeze
weird weird weird!

anyway, is good choice to change your r4 to something else

I have 16 hours on HG and my wife has 7 hours on SS with Acekard 2i and latest AKAIO and haven't had a single freeze. I'd ask those people that have gotten random freezes if they don't have random freezes in other games... they may have bad/slow media.

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE said:
The reason as to why this is taking so long is because from a ROM's point of view it's impossible to make a patch that simply locks all access to the

phufool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From DeSmuME's faq section:

Why can't I play Pokemon HeartGold / SoulSilver ? Why aren't they supported ?

We are not going to support these games. Don't waste time asking, it will only make us angry. We can't cope with the huge flood of noobs which we know is coming. If you can't make it work, then give up and go buy the cart.

So I assume SSHG won't be fully playable ever for that emulator then? Is it then possible to have it fully work on no$gba?
frown.gif

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
phufool said:

We are not going to support these games. Don't waste time asking, it will only make us angry. We can't cope with the huge flood of noobs which we know is coming. If you can't make it work, then give up and go buy the cart.

So I assume SSHG won't be fully playable ever for that emulator then? Is it then possible to have it fully work on no$gba?
frown.gif
Its still possible they will support it at sometime, but that would hopefully stop a bunch of idiots from continuously moaning about the fact it doesn't. Without that, they likely wouldn't shut up about wanting the DeSmuME people to make it work.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeltaBladeX said:
phufool said:

frown.gif
Its still possible they will support it at sometime, but that would hopefully stop a bunch of idiots from continuously moaning about the fact it doesn't. Without that, they likely wouldn't shut up about wanting the DeSmuME people to make it work.

If an emulation project deliberately chooses to exclude certain games from their compatibility, then they effectively fail their goals. I mean come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM