Gaming about game quality

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As you may have seen in the trailer, Skyrim will be available for Switch.
that makes me think, ok, switch should be able to play it at max graphics setting in home console mode.
but what about portable console. what i think is that maybe when switching to portable mode, it reduces graphics setting a bit, for Skyrim, it would reduce them to medium/high.

What do you think?
do you think that playing in portable mode gives reduced graphics setting or do you think we will get the same experience as on home mode?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you may have seen in the trailer, Skyrim will be available for Switch.
that makes me think, ok, switch should be able to play it at max graphics setting in home console mode.
but what about portable console. what i think is that maybe when switching to portable mode, it reduces graphics setting a bit, for Skyrim, it would reduce them to medium/high.

What do you think?
do you think that playing in portable mode gives reduced graphics setting or do you think we will get the same experience as on home mode?
I'd think so, for the sake of battery life

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if the game switches from 1080p rendering to 720p rendering to save on power. It's quite possible the dock has additional assistive hardware like an external GPU to split the load when gaming at 1080p or 4k.

We have a list of supporting developers/publishers on the main thread but I can see a mobile developer DeNA so expect some small mobile games too.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if the game switches from 1080p rendering to 720p rendering to save on power. It's quite possible the dock has additional assistive hardware like an external GPU to split the load when gaming at 1080p or 4k.

We have a list of supporting developers/publishers on the main thread but I can see a mobile developer DeNA so expect some small mobile games too.
according to lasts rumor, not confirmed yet. the gaming is in 1080p on home mode and 900p on portable mode. 4k is only available for streaming such as twitch or youtube. i personally hope for a plex app for switch

Reactions: Alkéryn

Luckkill4u

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
according to lasts rumor, not confirmed yet. the gaming is in 1080p on home mode and 900p on portable mode. 4k is only available for streaming such as twitch or youtube. i personally hope for a plex app for switch
GovanifY's leaked specs say 6.2" IPS LCD 720p screen 16:9 ratio. 900p is pointless for a handheld like this and even the original XBOX One renders natively in 900p and struggles 60fps. It's probably all rendered in 720p then upscaled to 1080p or 4k with the dock but that's my two cents.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GovanifY's leaked specs say 6.2" IPS LCD 720p screen 16:9 ratio. 900p is pointless for a handheld like this and even the original XBOX One renders natively in 900p and struggles 60fps. It's probably all rendered in 720p then upscaled to 1080p or 4k with the dock but that's my two cents.
leaked? or just another rumor?
is it confirmed?

Luckkill4u

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Luckkill4u,

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GovanifY is a creditable hacker. Says he got the dev kit specs but take it as a grain of salt until we get proper specs from an actual gaming news team. or Chary lol.

http://pastebin.com/UD1Vx9rf

This is innacurate.

In Nvidia's blog it's stated that it uses the latest GeForce architecture:

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/20/nintendo-switch/ said:
Nintendo Switch is powered by the performance of the custom Tegra processor. The high-efficiency scalable processor includes an NVIDIA GPU based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards.

The latest GeForce is not Maxwell, but Pascal.

Luckkill4u

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
This is innacurate.

In Nvidia's blog it's stated that it uses the latest GeForce architecture:

The latest GeForce is not Maxwell, but Pascal.
It's hard to say because they didn't directly say pascal. Maxwell still is one of the top architectures still today and there has been no news of a pascal mobile SoC. Most people say GTX980ti a current gpu and it's Maxwell.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's hard to say because they didn't directly say pascal. Maxwell still is one of the top architectures still today and there has been no news of a pascal mobile SoC. Most people say GTX980ti a current gpu and it's Maxwell.
gtx 980ti is the equivalent of gtx1070, so yeah, it's still a current gen if i can say

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the trailer it looked like the quality is the same, but it would make more sense to reduce the graphics to something reasonable for portability. I hope for 5-7 hours gameplay.

Luckkill4u

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
From the trailer it looked like the quality is the same, but it would make more sense to reduce the graphics to something reasonable for portability. I hope for 5-7 hours gameplay.
The trailer is bs if your looking at texture quality. Skyrim and NBA 2k were just videos as concept. 2k and Bethesda both said they had no plans for those games so don't refrence them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?