ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I got a chance to burn three Wii games....SSBB single layer version, Animal Crossing, and Super Mario Galaxy...So I gets home to play'em and the 1st game I try out is Super Mario Galaxy.....It tells me there is a disc read error...so I restart and try SSBB and it works like a charm...Then I try Animal Crossing and get the same message as Super Mario Galaxy. Now I was on 4.0U firmware but I downgraded to 3.2U and I was able to load with rebooter options....but on Super Mario Galaxy and Animal Crossing I get the same error. Now all three games were burned on the same type disc (Maxwell DVD-R) at the same speed (2.4x)......I can't imagine it being a bad burn if the alter SSBB works...Can someone point out what may be wrong here

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly a combination of things... maxwell doesn't make the best DVD-Rs so I'd think that's a likely culprit right there.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
try to burn at 4x.. 2.5x CAN screw it up. But most likely it's the combo of the brand and your burner.. verbatim r great, but I always used TDK dvd-r burnt at 4x worked fine too.And use IMGBURN to burn, no other tools
smile.gif

herculean1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
why burn it so slow? i burn everything at the maximum speed my writer is capable of and it works all of the time.
anyway, despite ssbb working - it still sounds like crappy media. get something like sony.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok to answers everyone post at once....
1st of all I'm a dude

2nd I can't imagine it being the DVD-Rs...They work well for my PS2

3rd I'll think I'll try another burn for Super Mario Galaxy and see how well
thats goes because I only have a few disc left and no money to buy any more

4th of all before i did the burn I made a thread asking about what speed to burn at and everyone
said as slow as possibly usually 2.4x. So if it was the speed...What the hell I'm I suppose to burn them
at casue some of ya'll are saying fast

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a rule of thumb you should burn your disc's at half their rated speed. 2.x is extremely slow, unless your computer was made in the 90s you have no reason to burn a -r at that speed (you can make a case for dvd9 at that speed though). If you are unsure about the quality of your burns, download "dvd info pro" and run it through the gambit. I would be unhappy with anything that results in a score of less than 95%.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
JinTrigger said:
Ok to answers everyone post at once....
1st of all I'm a dude

2nd I can't imagine it being the DVD-Rs...They work well for my PS2
The wii is really sensitive, it'll only read high quality disks. The ps2 was meant to play movies and cd's and all kinds of stuff that's why it isn't so sensitive.

3rd I'll think I'll try another burn for Super Mario Galaxy and see how well
thats goes because I only have a few disc left and no money to buy any more

4th of all before i did the burn I made a thread asking about what speed to burn at and everyone
said as slow as possibly usually 2.4x. So if it was the speed...What the hell I'm I suppose to burn them
at casue some of ya'll are saying fast
Burn at 8x and btw read my guide, it's in my sig.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you.....That is a good answer cause you tell me why but one more question...How do I know the rated speed and if you can tell me the two games I got are animal crossing and super mario galaxy

EDIT-Thank you too David

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
JinTrigger said:
Ok thank you.....That is a good answer cause you tell me why but one more question...How do I know the rated speed and if you can tell me the two games I got are animal crossing and super mario galaxy
Look at the dvd it should say "16x" or "8x", burn at half that speed.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
I use Maxell DVD-R. I have had mixed results with 4X burning (Including read errors) but never had a problem burning at 8,12,16X speeds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay