Ability to map touch screen to c-stick?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Thirday95, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Thirday95
    OP

Thirday95 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    same as the title. Is there any program that could be used to map some touch gestures to the new 3ds c-stick? Just curious because it would be insanely helpful for the old ds fps games and for games that dont support the c-stick.

Thanks

2. sprong

sprong Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    that would be kinda neat if it was possible and its also something i have also thought about, except my idea was mapping the c-stick to the face buttons since most fps games have the option to use those instead. unfortunately im no expert at any of this stuff but as of right now i know hans doesn't support new 3DS controls at all, so that would probably need to be the first thing to be addressed before something like this could happen. i know how you feel tho man, i just wanna hold my 3DS with both of my hands without having to balance it on my knee or something with one hand.

3. Kyouken

Kyouken Repairer of the Breach

Oct 31, 2015
    United States
    GBATemp
    If you want it during DS game play, unless there's a way to have a 3DS homebrew application enabled and running when you launch a DS game, don't count on it. DS games run on hardware and the 3DS goes into DS mode when playing a DS game. That's... not a very good explanation, I realize, but I hope you get it from that.

Thirday95 and Thelostrune like this.
  4. thatbooisaspy

thatbooisaspy GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2015

Last edited by thatbooisaspy, Jun 3, 2017
  5. Thirday95
    OP

Thirday95 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    Thank you all for the replies and information. Guess im just going to have to get over it haha