Homebrew Abandonware for DSx86?

Coolperez8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have an R4 SD-HC dual core, and I've been having fun lately with DSx86, I downloaded DOOM, DOOMII, & SimCity 2000. I tried to run them, but DOOM didn't seem to work, DOOMII installed but got stuck on loading a file, and SimCity2000 said I had 1024 K ram & needed atleast 2 or 4 Gigabytes (Or Gibibytes...) And I'm looking for good abandonware to have fun with, Do you know any sites with good abandonware games? Oh, and yesterday (June 12 2013) was my birthday.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
SimCity2000 said I had 1024 K ram & needed atleast 2 or 4 Gigabytes (Or Gibibytes...)
I highly doubt that. In 2000, 512MB of RAM was the norm.

Anyway, Google should have given you 5 fantastic results in the time it took to post this thread.
If you're looking for specific recommendations, I used to have a lot of fun with Speedy Eggbert and Raptor: Call of the Shadows, though I don't know if DSx86 will like those.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
well then, Hippy Barthday to you=)
here's dsx86's compatibilty wiki for games that ppl have tested. it's a good place to start when looking for playable games.
For Doom/ll, you should try out DSDoom.

...I used to have a lot of fun with Speedy Eggbert and Raptor: Call of the Shadows, though I don't know if DSx86 will like those.
just tested, and Raptor errors with 'protected mode available only with 386 or 486' when trying to run it on dsx86, but it does work on the DSTwo exclusive ds2x86.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello