Hacking [A9LH + Luma3DS] I can't update to 11.1

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it's a nightly from a few days before. I can try updating if you want.
I'm on the latest release version (not nightly); I'm just wondering whether there could be a bug in the nightly? Perhaps try using the updater to install the latest release version and try again.

I don't have another SD card, but like I said, my card is perfectly fine.
Well, as far as you know it is. It's possible there's an area of corruption which can't be written to and that happens to be where the update is being saved to. Like I said, if you don't have another SD card to use, you could try running a tester on it. Also you could copy the files off, format the SD card, and copy your files back.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm on the latest release version (not nightly); I'm just wondering whether there could be a bug in the nightly? Perhaps try using the updater to install the latest release version and try again.

Well, as far as you know it is. It's possible there's an area of corruption which can't be written to and that happens to be where the update is being saved to. Like I said, if you don't have another SD card to use, you could try running a tester on it. Also you could copy the files off, format the SD card, and copy your files back.
Same problem on latest stable. :(

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Same problem on latest stable. :(
I don't know what to suggest then. The only other thing I can think of is that there's a problem with your sysNAND. If you make an up to date NAND backup, then you should be safe to use safeSysUpdater to do a manual update. If anything goes wrong, you can run Decrypt9 from A9LH and restore your NAND backup.

Make sure any custom theme you have is turned off
I don't think that wouldn't make any difference in this situation.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Have you modified the home menu in ANY way? Custom sleep screen or custom font? Did you change any of the words? Like for example changing "Change Theme" to "Change Picture"? Custom keyboards also count!

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH
Yes, I have changed the language file, but that hasn't stopped me from updating as of yet.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would backup your data and format your system. Yes I know it's a pain to get back up and running but this fixed an issue I was having where the system would not play DS games no matter what I did.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I have changed the language file, but that hasn't stopped me from updating as of yet.
That might be it. They've plugged a lot of leaks with this update, so they might be checking for changes to the home menu. Or who knows, it could have been 11.0 which added this restriction and is therefore preventing you from updating any higher than that.

AydenTheKilla

Garchomp King
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn it on sleep mode and see if it downloads the update. Then if it does go to system settings and update. If not seems like formatting would be your best bet. Just make sure to make a nand back up first so theirs no worries

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you restore a backup from before you changed it? Then you can update and reinstall the file.

I had a custom font and sleep screen and it wouldn't let me update, then I restored a backup from before I installed them. Updated like a charm!

Make a backup of your current setup just in case.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Can you restore a backup from before you changed it?
No. That backup is really old. (I don't even know if I still have it.)
It was made a couple of days after the "release" of the HOME Menu modification tutorial.

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. That backup is really old. (I don't even know if I still have it.)
It was made a couple of days after the "release" of the HOME Menu modification tutorial.
Holy cow. That is old. But that might be your only way out of it though. Check if you have it and restore it if you do.

You could also try to update using sysupdater. Don't know if that will work though until someone dumps the 11.1 files.

DarK_DragoN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having the same problem with a friend's N3DS. I was following Plailect's guide and now i cant get past step IV of part 3, the update part. The strange thing is that I can access the browser and the eshop (although it crashes as soon as it loads).

AydenTheKilla

Garchomp King
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem with a friend's N3DS. I was following Plailect's guide and now i cant get past step IV of part 3, the update part. The strange thing is that I can access the browser and the eshop (although it crashes as soon as it loads).
Make a new thread and someone here will help you

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have same problem too. also I changed Homemenu language. I'm going to re-install original homemenu title (for me 00008202) and report back soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo