A9LH Homebrew Launcher

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Kows, May 26, 2016.

1. Kows
    OP

Kows Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2016
    United States
    Is it possible to launch the homebrew launcher through the luma3ds payload folder as a bin file?

2. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    no, .3dsx files are homebrew programs, .bin files are arm 9 payloads. so no, homebrew cannot be ran via arm9loaderhax

unless you load into a nand with signature patches disabled and run the hbl.cia

Kows likes this.
  3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    But... Can't the HB launcher still be compiled into an arm9 payload from source? It would be nice to launch at boot like any other payload, just like decrypt9, uncart, etc.

4. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    the homebrew menu takes over the home menu, that cannot be accomplished before the sysnand or emunand loads the home menu.

5. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Oh, I guess that makes sense... I didn't know how hblauncher worked. I just think it would be cool to have a homebrew launcher that didn't need the home menu.

6. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    In addition to what was said, it could be possible to boot the system into a different title than the Home Menu by having a CFW patch change what gets booted, but I don't think anyone's succeeded with that yet. I tried a few times and ended up with just a black screen, but I'm sure I merely did something wrong.

Kows and Jayro like this.
  7. Pokéidiot

Pokéidiot GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    Brazil
    \n?
    We have brahma loader, but we need... a nice GUI and A9LH support.
    Keep in mind that A9LH can't launch ARM11 homebrews, because A9LH is an ARM9 exploit. Even the name says, arm9loaderhax.

Kows likes this.
  8. RednaxelaNnamtra

RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    If you compare it to a PC trying to boot a .3dsx from a9lh is like trying to start an .exe in BIOS without loading windows(or Linux with wine) first.

Kows likes this.